Penguin, Simon & Schuster Raise Profits in First Half; Wary About Borders Impact
- A Year Later, Publishers Feeling Borders' Loss on Bottom Line. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that the publishing industry of the U.S. are still seeing decrease in their revenue after the bankruptcy of Borders Group Inc. in 2011. As mentioned, the mid-year earnings report in 2012 have shown the decrease in the profit of several publishing firm including Simon &...
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. HarperCollins experienced a 25% drop in revenue in the quarter ended December 31, 2008. Borders has eliminated several positions at the vice-president and director level as part of its efforts to cut costs. A unified marketing...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the ranking and performance of several book publishers in the "New York Times" bestsellers. Random House Inc. now holds the lead in the hardcover nonfiction category after adding three titles in the list. Second placer Penguin Group has published 10 titles in 31 weeks....