Barnes & Noble Has Realistic Quarter; Web Sales Now 16% of Total
- BARNES & NOBLE DOWN $118.6M. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p20
The article reports on the 118.6 million dollars in loss posted by retailer Barnes & Noble in the fourth quarter of its fiscal year ended June 25, 2013 attributed to poor sales of its Nook e-readers and tablet computers.
- E-READERS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;6/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p18
The article offers brief information on the Nook electronic-reader from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- TABLET PCS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;5/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the software upgrade for the color devices of NOOK electronic book reader which was issued by Barnes & Noble Inc. to provide users with access to electronic mail and web sites.
- Explaining B&N's Unfair Punishment from Wall Street. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the author's perspectives of advertizing Barnes & Noble Inc.'s Nook electronic (e)-book to the hype-star top get attention for the product in the U.S. in 2009.
- Nook Color Gets Apps, Email, Web Upgrades. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article reveals that Barnes & Noble has broadened the capabilities of its Nook Color electronic book reader.
- BARNES & NOBLE POSTS Q3 LOSS ON LOWER NOOK SALES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/4/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the 6 million dollars loss posted by bookseller Barnes & Noble for the third quarter ended January 26, 2013 due to sales declines in its Nook segment, which includes devices, digital content, and accessories.
- New Barnes & Noble/Microsoft Enterprise Needs a Name: Bing-Go? // Educational Marketer;5/7/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the strategic partnership between Barnes and Noble Inc. (B&N) and Microsoft Corp. which aims at accelerating the transition and the creation and use of the digital content in the U.S. It notes that the deal will be a NOOK application for Windows 8 as it will be open for...
- B&N's Shaky FY2013 Leads To New Strategy, Leadership. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2013, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the losses in Nook business of Barnes & Noble (B&N) Inc. for fiscal year (FY) 2013 which lead to senior leadership changes. It states that the Nook business has declined from $933 million in FY 2012 to $776 million in FY 2013 while the EBITDA almost swamped the firm. It...
- Barnes & Noble at The Crossroads. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/4/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses U.S. book retailer Barnes & Noble's Nook segment. Topics include Barnes & Noble's search for a model to improve its financially disappointing Nook Media group, makers of the Nook electronic book (e-book) reader, statistics on Nook segment's earnings before interest taxes...