E-Book Report Excerpt: Nook Devices Take 1/5 of E-Book Buyers
- Nook's Forthcoming Already Here Problem: E-Reading Fatigue. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2012, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on electronic-reading fatigue. It states that huge number of iPad owners do not even read electronic books (e-books) but rather play games, listen to music, and watch video. Based on the survey conducted by Simba Information Inc. in August 2012, around 32.9% of iPad owners...
- An iPad, a Nook and a Kindle. Scott, Ralph // North Carolina Libraries (Online);2010, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p29
The article evaluates several electronic book (e-book) readers including iPad from Apple Inc., Kindle from Amazon.com Inc. and Nook from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- BUYER'S guide. Yoder, Maureen // Learning & Leading with Technology;Feb2012, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses the use of tablet computers in education to access various mobile device applications and provides a review of several examples of such computers including the Kindle Fire from Amazon, the iPad 2 from Apple, and the Nook Tablet from Barnes & Noble.
- TABLETS. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2014, p117
The article evaluates tablet computers. It recommends avoiding tablet computers with 3G or 4G connectivity unless the customer needs to have internet access in most areas and is willing to pay the higher price. It provides a chart evaluating tablet computers according to price, features, and...
- E-READERS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;6/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p18
The article offers brief information on the Nook electronic-reader from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- TABLET PCS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;5/1/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p22
The article focuses on the software upgrade for the color devices of NOOK electronic book reader which was issued by Barnes & Noble Inc. to provide users with access to electronic mail and web sites.
- Explaining B&N's Unfair Punishment from Wall Street. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the author's perspectives of advertizing Barnes & Noble Inc.'s Nook electronic (e)-book to the hype-star top get attention for the product in the U.S. in 2009.
- Nook Color Gets Apps, Email, Web Upgrades. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/2/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p6
The article reveals that Barnes & Noble has broadened the capabilities of its Nook Color electronic book reader.
- Barnes & Noble spinning Nook. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/26/2014, pA02
Struggling bookshop chain Barnes &