- Help at hand to achieve the 4 Rs. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);10/17/2008, p25
The article reports on the creation of an Environmental Waste Diagnostic tool by Vision in Print and the British Printing Industries Federation in conjunction with waste non-government organization Envirowise. It states the four Rs of waste management and their advantages for printers and...
- CLEANING UP AT A DIRTY MRF. Duffy, Daniel P. // MSW Management;May/Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p116
The article discusses the dynamics as well as the functions of sorters and separators. According to the author, the mechanical systems of these separators are adopted from mining operations. The machines have been equipped with new features making them useful in material recovery facilities...
- GETTING THE Garbage Out. Leposky, George // MSW Management;May/Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p124
The article discusses equipment and machineries used by solid-waste hauling firms. According to the author, there has been a significant decrease in the demand for live-floor trailers, two trailer dealers J&J Truck Bodies & Trailers and Western Trailers Inc. revealed a decrease in tipper trailer...
- A History of Experimentation. Leposky, George // MSW Management;May/Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p128
The article discusses several equipment and machineries used in unloading systems. There are various equipment applied in unloading municipal solid wastes such as the dump trailers which were phased-out because of instability when hoisted in an uneven area and lack of sufficient capacity to...
- River and Rail Hauls. // MSW Management;May/Jun2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p134
The article discusses several ways of transporting garbage across different locations. Municipal solid wastes are transported either by barge or rail in some parts of the United States. Shipping containers take the place of the more common transfer trailers in the course of transporting wastes....
- Products. // World Wastes;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p47
Features a range of refuse disposal equipment. Refuse trucks; Shredders; Wheel loader; Mobile truck; Ball valve.
- Rocking to the right heavy metal. Dunson, Cheryl L. // World Wastes;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on financing refuse disposal equipment. Finance leases; Long-term rentals; Value option leases; Service agreements; Comments from industry executives on the issue. INSETS: The ABCs of GIS, by Paul, Schiffer.;Defunct landfill wires town..
- Products. // World Wastes;Jun97, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p51
Features several refuse disposal equipment. Includes U.S. Filter/Davis' biosolid dehydrator; Global Equipment Marketing Inc.'s blanket pins; Toro's tub grinder.
- 1997 buyers' guide edition. Katinsky, Barbara; Green, Carol // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p75
Presents a directory of suppliers of solid and hazardous waste equipment, products and services. Includes air separators and classifiers; Containers for hoist and carrier systems; Truck equipment; Landfill monitoring equipment; Pipe fittings; Scrubbers; Shredders; Pulverizers; Grinders.