Reduce global warming by using landfill gas
- DEODORIZING MT. RUMPKE. Ogles, Jonah // Cincinnati Magazine;Dec2010, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p96
The article offers information on an infographic which explains how the odor of the 333-acre landfill in the middle of Colerain Township in Cincinnati, Ohio can be lessened.
- Vigilance and sound advice help spell relief from landfill... Shapard, Rob // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on the use of landfill gas systems in the United States. Construction of soccerfields atop a landfill operated by government; Comments by Tom McDermott of the Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department; Maintenance costs associated with building on a landfill; Potential dangers of...
- A nose for trash. Hayhurst, Tracy // Waste News;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p24
Reports the development of a tool for sniffing out landfill smells in Cleveland, Ohio. Assessment of the unpleasant aromas from the mixture of materials from landfills; Capabilities and functions of the design measure; Interpretation of results through electronic evaluations.
- Landfill gas and low-NOx burner cut compliance costs. Espinosa, Gil; Cruz, Nick P. // Power Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p39
Presents a strategy employed by the City of Glendale in the reduction of power plant emissions and disposal of landfill gas (LFG). Utilization of LFG as fuel for the power plant's steam boilers; Advantages of the process; Technical aspects of flue gas recirculation. INSET: Post-project NOx...
- Biofiltration of landfill gas under temperate climatic conditions. Dever, S.; Swarbrick, G.; Stuetz, R. // Air Quality & Climate Change;May2013, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p20
In Australia, a significant number of landfill sites used for waste disposal do not incorporate measures for the collection and treatment of landfill gas emissions. These emissions represent a major contribution to the country's greenhouse gases as well as present health and safety risks at some...
- Kansas DHE Holds Meeting On Cornejo and Sons Property. // Solid Waste Report;12/5/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p3
The article reports that the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (Kansas DHE) had a meeting in Wichita, Kansas on November 16, 2011 to discuss the conditions and corrective action plan for landfill gas management at the closed Cornejo and Sons, Inc.
- TURNING TRASH INTO ELECTRICITY: METHANE POWER. Joehnk, Jessa S. // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2015, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p82
The article presents information on methane power generation from the waste dump at the Municipal landfill at Anchorage, Alaska. The utility company Doyon Utilities LLC built the infrastructure to capture the natural gas and distribute the power generated to the military base, Joint Base...
- Life cycle impact assessment and interpretation of municipal solid waste management scenarios based on the midpoint and endpoint approaches. Yi, Sora; Kurisu, Kiyo; Hanaki, Keisuke // International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment;Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p652
Purpose: Few studies have examined differing interpretations of life cycle impact assessment (LCIA) results between midpoints and endpoints for the same systems. This paper focuses on the LCIA of municipal solid waste (MSW) systems by taking both the midpoint and endpoint approaches and uses...
- Partnership formed to clean landfill gas in N.Y. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;10/25/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p6
The article reports that a new partnership has been formed in New York to clean unusable landfill gas. It states that the Town of Brookhaven on Long Island will join the Stony Brook University to develop technology to clean gas currently being emitted from two cells at the landfill that contains...