How to collect yard waste at no extra cost
- Tulsa, OK Sees Savings from Pay-as-you-Throw Program. // Solid Waste Report;12/28/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p5
The article focuses on the pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) program adopted by Tulsa, Oklahoma in its trash service. The program's aim is to provide a uniform residential collection system and consistent rate structure. On October 1, 2012, it is stated that for anything that does not fit in a city-issued...
- PILOT PROJECT ADDS FOOD RESIDUALS TO EXISTING YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION. // BioCycle;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p19
This article reports the commencement of the one-year pilot program in January 2005 to evaluate adding residential food residuals to Eugene, Oregon's yard debris collection program, which is based on hauler-supplied 65-gallon wheeled carts picked up every other week. The service rate is included...
- Stuck in park. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;3/29/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p1
The city of Los Angeles, California, was forced to pull almost 200 of its alternative-fuel trash trucks off the road, about a third of the city fleet, for several days because of sticking throttles and unwanted acceleration. The city parked 172 of the dual-fuel vehicles after a half-dozen...
- Houston expects a lift from automating yard collection. Stockham, Lawrence D. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
Reports on high yard waste volumes that is driving the city of Houston, Texas to improve its collection efficiency through automated carts, according to a recent pilot program. Separate yard trimmings collection program in 1993; Pilot programs for collecting yard trimmings in automated...
- Chicago allows blue plastic bags for yard waste. // Waste News;8/26/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p27
No abstract available.
- Collecting residential yard trimmings. M.F. // BioCycle;Sep97, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on innovations in the use of containers and vehicles for collecting residential yard trimmings. Pilot program in Lexington, Kentucky that tests kraft bags, 95-gallon containers and plastic carts for curbside collection of yard trimmings; Switch of Chicago, Illinois from kraft bags to...
- Biodegradable bag pilot. // BioCycle;Jul96, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p21
Reports on a pilot project in Lansing, Michigan for testing the suitability of biodegradable plastic bags for yard trimmings collection. Plastic bag manufacturers; Materials used.
- Houston tests yard-trimming collection. // Waste News;10/7/96, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p6
Reports on the launching of a program by Houston's solid-waste officials which is designed to test the effectiveness of the city's automated collection of yard trimmings. How the test will run; Percentage of yard trimmings representing the city's residential waste stream.
- New approaches to managing yard trimmings Logsdon, Gene // BioCycle;Feb1994, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p70
No abstract available.