- Eastern Environmental to acquire Pa. landfill. // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p23
Reports that Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated is purchasing the 200-acre Bethlehem, Pennsylvania municipal landfill. Financial benefits of the sale for the city.
- Citizens appeal Pa. landfill's sale to Eastern Environmental. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;10/19/98, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p4
Reports that a group of citizens in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania is appealing the sale of Bethlehem's landfill to Eastern Environmental Services Inc. Amount paid by the company for the landfill in July 1998; Basis for the appeal; Duration of the appeal process.
- Bethlehem landfill needs $8 million. Clancy, David // Waste News;03/15/99, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p10
Reports that Bethlehem, Pennsylvania officials are studying options to raise $8 million for its landfill trust fund to pay the debt on its recently sold landfill. Comments from Mayor Don Cunningham; Debt due to Eastern Environmental Services Inc.
- Brooklyn wants Eastern probe. Brown, Bob // Waste News;08/31/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p3
Reports that Brooklyn, New York, borough president wants a probe of the city Department of Sanitation's role in the illegal construction of a transfer station by Eastern Environmental Services Inc. Views of borough president Howard Golden; Hopes that the city will award a multimillion-dollar...
- Eastern to buy more firms. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;08/18/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p4
Reports that Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated has made definitive purchase agreements to acquire five waste collection companies in New York City, New York. Names of the companies to be acquired; Eastern's plans to acquire Waste X of Miami, Florida.
- Eastern moving up in New York. Brown, Bob // Waste News;06/15/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the two upstate haulers that were purchased by Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated with annual revenues of $35 million. Identification of the two haulers; Details on the two haulers; Comments by Louis D. Paolino, chairman and chief executive officer of Eastern.
- Eastern leads NYC bidders. Brown, Bob // Waste News;01/19/98, Vol. 3 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the performance of Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated in the bid for a contract to divert more than 2000 tons of trash per day from the Fresh Kills Landfill. Amount of trash Eastern Transfer of New York offered to process daily at its Brooklyn transfer station; Comments from...
- Eastern Environmental buys 12 firms. Brown, Bob // Waste News;02/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the acquisition of twelve firms by Eastern Environmental Service Incorporated. Identification and location of the firms; Combined annual revenues of the firms; Comments from Louis D. Paoline, chairman and chief executive officer of the company; Name which the firms will operate...
- Eastern to enter NYC. Russell, John // Waste News;11/4/96, Vol. 2 Issue 25, p33
Reports on the efforts of Eastern Environmental Services Incorporated, to be the next large waste hauler in New York City. Definitive agreement to purchase assets of Waste Services Incorporated; Plans of Eastern; Revenues of Waste Services Inc.