- USA Waste leads hauling mergers. Brown, Bob // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p10
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated has emerged as the second-place ranking waste company in the United States. Company's lead in hauling mergers; Increase in the company's annualized revenues in 1997; Reference to the company's merger with United Waste Systems Incorporated.
- California board leaning toward huge expansion. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p6
No abstract available.
- NYC groups oppose WMI-USA merger. // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p6
Presents information on the filing of an objection by a coalition of New York City community groups over the proposed merger of Waste Management Incorporated and USA Waste Services Incorporated. Reason for the objection; Reference to a letter sent to the Justice Department.
- USA Waste deals to yield $1 billion. // Waste News;2/17/97, Vol. 2 Issue 39, p6
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated will net $1 billion through a stock sale and corporate bond offering. Information on the bonds.
- Truck stop. Killman, Curtis // Waste News;08/25/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p12
Reports that the state Department of Environmental Protection has issued an order to USA Waste Services to cease storing trailers loaded with trash. Comments by Mark Carmon, community relations for the agency; USA Waste's response to the order issued against it; Circumstances which prompted the...
- Landfill in Pa. to expand. Clancy, David // Waste News;09/29/97, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p12
Reports that a permit to expand the landfill in Monroeville by almost 60 acres was granted to the USA Waste Services Incorporated by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Advantages of the expansion; When the application was filed for the expansion; Comments from Mike Rind,...
- USA Waste to appeal fee in Minn. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;05/18/98, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p14
Reports that USA Waste Services Incorporated appealed to the United States Supreme Court to review a tipping fee surcharge, which was ended by a Minnesota waste district in 1996. Reason the petition for review has interest waste companies; Information on the surcharge.
- USA ups hauling charges. Clancy, David // Waste News;01/26/98, Vol. 3 Issue 37, p4
States that the local trash hauler which USA Waste Service Incorporated purchased is making residents in Richmond, Maine, annoyed at the new rate structure. Amount which the company is charging per month; Comments from Phil Nadeau, town manager; What most complaints were about.
- Wash. C&D debris site clears hurdle. Acohido, Byron // Waste News;08/03/98, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p11
Presents information on the proposed expansion of a limited purpose landfill by USA Waste Services Inc. Location of the landfill; Details on an amendment which was rejected by the Spokane County Commission; Information on the Spokane Regional Solid Waste System.