Automated fleets demand more preventive maintenance
- Putting the 'Smash' Into Trash. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Jan2005, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p82
Reports on the introduction of the Rotorpac hydraulic compactor aimed at reducing industrial waste-management expenses in the U.S., distributed by KenBay. Mechanics in installing the compactor; Installation of the compactor in Queens, New York-based factory of Louis Baldinger & Sons; Views of...
- Wastewater. // American City & County;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 117 Issue 18, p10
Presents equipment for wastewater management. Wet well mounted pump station from Smith & Loveless company; Peristaltic pump from Watson-Marlow Bredel company; Wastewater pump from Godwin Pumps company.
- NEW PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY. // Waste News;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p17
Presents solid waste management product and technology news compiled as of July 24, 2000. Introduction of a pneumatic liquid level controller by Blackhawk Environmental Co.; Introduction of the AutoPump AP-4 Low Drawdown LD pump from Clean Environmental Equipment; Introduction of an...
- Products. // World Wastes;Mar1998, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p81
Presents various products concerning the solid waste industry. Includes Marathon Equipment Co.'s Gemini 3560 twin cylinder horizontal baler; WasteWorks International Inc.'s FlexArm robotic side loader; Eaton Corp.'s Generation 4 antiloan breaking system (ABS).
- Food Disposers Help Grind Down Solid Waste Problems. Christiansen, Kendall // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p12
Cites the role of food waste disposers, appliances that pulverize and liquefy food waste, in managing municipal solid waste. Environmental benefits and cost-effectiveness; Disposers' efficiency in reducing waste; Solid waste and sludge management policies and practices in United States cites.
- Waste Meets the Plasma Waste Converter. Siuru, William D. // Waste Age;Apr2000, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p64
Features the Startech Environmental Corp.'s Plasma Waste Converter (PCG), a technology that could produce hydrogen from non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials including municipal solid waste (MSW). PWC process; Ability of PWC to produce Plasma Converted Gas (PCG) which can be used as...
- Steel Cans. MILLER, CHAZ // Waste Age;Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p58
The article offers information on steel cans as of March 2011. Tinplated cans were launched in Great Britain three years after a process to package preserved food using cans was invented by a Frenchman in 1809. Tinplate steel is used to make steel cans, but a chromium wash is now replacing tin...
- Telematics: Not Just Another Fancy Name. HULL, PAUL // MSW Management;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p74
The article discusses the benefits of new technologies to a waste management operation's efficiency and profits. Topics mentioned include the advantages of telematics and similar programs to drivers and operators, the practical applications used by various companies, and the possibility of the...
- Recycling with a Smile. Jambeck, Jenna; Johnsen, Kyle; Mozo-Reyes, Eliana // Waste Age;Nov2012, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses a study which was aimed at determining the association between recycling rates and technological advancements, and also the changes in the human behavior in recycling. It says that the impact of the WeRecycle bin on recycling was investigated in microsocial and macrosocial...