Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Stimulation for Acute Tibial Shaft Fractures
- Hip fractures in the elderly: beyond the metalwork. Currie, Colin T. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/25/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6672, p473
Focuses on the prevalence of proximal femoral fracture in elderly patients in Australia. Increase of bed occupancy in orthopaedic units; Comparison between the performance of an orthopedic geriatric unit and traditional consultation service for patients in orthopedic beds; Effectiveness of...
- Comparative Survival of Uncemented Acetabular Components Following Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty. Howard, James L.; Kremers, Hilal Maradit; Loechier, Youlonda A.; Schieck, Cathy D.; Harmsen, William S.; Berry, Daniel J.; Cabanela, Miguel E.; Hanssen, Arlen D.; Pagnano, Mark W.; Trousdale, Robert T.; Lewallen, David G. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;9/7/2011, Vol. 93-A Issue 17, p1597
Background: Since their initial introduction in the early 1980s, uncemented acetabular components have become the preferred implant type for the majority of hip arthroplasties performed in the United States. The purpose of the present study was to compare differences in the survival of...
- Similar reoperation rates seen with long gamma nails and sliding hip screws. Brockenbrough, Gina // Orthopedics Today;Sep2009, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p44
The article describes a study which examined the reoperation rates and outcome scores of patients with unstable pertrochanteric hip fractures treated with either long gamma nails or sliding hip screws.
- Hoag Institute Hits Stride on Inpatient Side. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p3
The article reports that the Hoag Orthopedic Institute in Irvine, California has already performed about 15,000 to 16,000 of bone, spine and other surgeries annually following the joint venture between Hoag Hospital Irvine and a pair of local orthopedic surgery groups.
- Lateral approach for fixation of the fractures of the distal tibia. Outcome of 20 patients. Manninen, M.; Lindahl, J.; Kankare, J.; Hirvensalo, E. // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Jul2007, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p349
The treatment of fractures of the distal third of the tibia remains still controversial. It is often difficult to get and retain good reduction by non-operative or nailing methods. Open reduction and plate fixation offers good reduction and retention of the achieved position. However, increased...
- Surgical management of intercondylar fractures of the humerus using triceps reflecting anconeus pedicle (TRAP) approach. Pankaj, Amite; Mallinath, G.; Malhotra, Rajesh; Bhan, Surya // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p219
Background: Operative fixation of intra-articular fractures of the distal humerus requires adequate exposure. The transolecranon approach is a commonly used approach. The olecranon osteotomy has potential complications related to prominence/migration of hardware, displacement/nonunion of...
- Medicine and the Media. Reid, Michael // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/19/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6540, p196
Relates the experience of the author on the use of orthopedic scooter in Europe. Benefits of K9 device on patients with fracture; Use of K9 in orthopedic hospitals; Improvement of mobility following the utilization of the apparatus.
- Correspondence. Burdett-Smith, P.; Tice, J.W.S.; Whiteley, M. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Dec98, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p428
Presents responses to various articles by readers of the 'Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.' Preadmission clinic in an orthopedic department; Extra-articular fractures of the proximal tibial diaphysis; Discharge period of adult tonsillectomy.
- Bone quality measured by the radiogrammetric parameter â€œcortical indexâ€ and reoperations after locking plate osteosynthesis in patients sustaining proximal humerus fractures. Hepp, Pierre; Theopold, Jan; Osterhoff, Georg; Marquass, Bastian; Voigt, Christine; Josten, Christoph // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Sep2009, Vol. 129 Issue 9, p1251
To analyse the radiogrammetric parameter â€œcortical indexâ€ (CI) and its predictive value for proximal humerus fractures. Furthermore, to investigate the reoperations and the cause of reoperations after locking plate osteosynthesis of displaced proximal humerus fractures. 113...