THE WIN3 OF 2011 GREEN BONUS DEPRECIATION
- Equipment deduction cap allowance will have impact. McCullough, Tricia // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that section 179 depreciation deduction allows taxpayers to deduct the full purchase price of qualifying financed or leased equipment that was placed into service during the tax year the deduction is taken.
- Taxing Times: Haven't Filed? Rothenberg, Lance E. // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p46
The article provides information on the basic understanding of tax and its auditing in the U.S. It informs that taxes are a cost of business that one has to pay. It says that taxes can be minimized lawfully and suggests business owners to give time and effort to develop the knowledge of the tax...
- TAX-FILING POINTERS. // Newsweek;1/31/2005, Vol. 145 Issue 5, p56
Mentions several tips for people filing taxes. Maximize deductions; Filing for an extension.
- A Big Tax Cut This Year? Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;04/05/99, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the tax cut that business groups in the United States (US) want US Congress to pass in 1999. Benefit from the proposed targeted cuts; Warning from Barry Rogstad, president of the American Business Conference; Things that will affect the tax debate.
- Less time on tax compliance, more time on business. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/ 7/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 36, p6A
In this article, the author discusses the implications of individual and corporate income tax compliance on the time and cost incurred by U.S. businesses.
- The Tax Implications of Charitable Contributions. KINSELLA, GAIL // Business Journal (Central New York);2/15/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses the implications of the rising tax rates to charitable contributions with focus on deductions.
- AMT: What It Is and How to Control It. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Mar2008, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the concept of alternative minimum tax (AMT), which was established to keep from hitting more taxpayers. Accordingly, the AMT system is less generous compared with the regular tax system in granting credits, exemptions, exclusions and deductions. It suggests factors on how...
- Deducting IRA Contributions. // CPA Client Bulletin;Jan2016, p3
The article discusses alternative for deducting individual retirement arrangement (IRA) contributions. It notes that IRA contributions are deductible if a worker was not covered by an employer's retirement plan in 2015. A taxpayer who makes a deductible traditional IRA contribution can make a...
- Help clients map out summer travel plans. // Tax Strategist;Jul2011, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses how can taxpayers qualify for tax deductions for their business travel plans. It states that a taxpayer can write off all qualified travel costs as long as the primary purpose of the trip is related to the business. It mentions that a taxpayer must show that the number of...