ATTACK ON THE WALLET GAINS ATTENTION
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Warwick, Peter // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 211, p46
The article offers information on different products used for heating water. Conventional water heaters function on energy sources like natural gas, oil, or electricity, and are cost-effective though less efficient than solar tank heaters because of the 15 to 20 percent heat loss of the former....
- Fuel for the Fire. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Feb2011, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on tankless water heaters. It is believed that gas tankless water heaters are more effective than non-hybrid tanked heaters. The prerequisites of gas and electric tankless heaters are also explored. According to a spokesperson for Stiebel Eltron, electrics have the...
- With a conventional or solar water heater? Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2005, Issue 8, p20
Offers a look on the cost effectiveness of shifting from conventional water heating to solar power in Australia. Overview of the environmental issues attached to water heaters; Reasons of consumers for choosing conventional heaters over solar hot water heaters; Information on the environmental...
- The Truth About Tankless. Koeller, John // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2007, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p8
The article provides information about tankless water heaters. According to the author, tankless water heaters result to more water waste. It was reported that there is evidence that people take longer in the shower when a tankless heater is used. The author suggested insulating hot-water pipes...
- Go Solar for FREE Hot Water. Ramlow, Bob // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2007, Issue 220, p27
This article discusses the advantages of investing in solar water heaters. Experts agree, a solar water heater is far and away the easiest initial investment in renewable energy. It is important to understand that solar water-heating systems have very low, sometimes zero, operating costs, and...
- Hot water with less worry. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p35
This article offers information on energy-efficient water heaters. There are two factors to consider in purchasing the most efficient storage water heater: first-hour rating and energy factor. The cost effectiveness of tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand or instantaneous heaters, is...
- Staying hot on the hospitality road. Beverly, Robert // Engineered Systems;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p66
Describes the water-heating systems installed at several hotels and casinos in the United States. Water system at the West Coast Anaheim Hotel in California; Stratosphere Tower; Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Connecticut; San Francisco Marriott.
- Sizing of DHW systems critical to performance. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the importance of sizing domestic hot water (DHW) systems. Factors where sizing of side-arm DHW units are based; Description of the instantaneous water heater; Difference between instantaneous and semi-instantaneous models of side-arm DHW heaters.
- Adventures in Solar Water Heating. LARDIN, JOAN // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p24
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of looking for and installing a Chinese solar water heater.