Natural-Gas Chiller Furthers Lab's Pursuit of Environmental and Energy Savings
- A LIVELY DAY IN THE WHOI NECROPSY LAB. // Oceanus;Dec2010, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p43
The article explores on the effort of researchers at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) necropsy laboratory in examining the body of a dolphin and to determine its cause of death.
- MBL scientists to explore hidden realm of microbes, viruses beneath the ocean floor. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on the discovery of the hidden realm of microbes and viruses in the ocean floor by the scientists of Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts.
- ocean research. // Sea Technology;Oct2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p63
The article offers news briefs related to efforts in ocean studies in the U.S. The Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and the Regional Technology Development Corp. (RTDC) work together to capitalize on MBL's expertise in biological discovery. The West Coast is...
- Alaska's tundra fire sparks climate warning. // New Scientist;8/8/2009, Vol. 203 Issue 2720, p15
The article focuses on the findings by Adrian Rocha of the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, and colleagues that a charred region of the Arctic is pumping large amounts of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere which could result in more fires. Researchers found that the...
- 2 Indian Journalists Win MBL Awards Fellowships. // India -- West;5/15/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 26, pA4
No abstract available.
- Garland Allen: An Appreciation. Mendelsohn, Everett // Journal of the History of Biology;Dec2016, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p583
The author expresses her appreciation to historian and biographer Garland Allen, who is widely known for his work in the history of genetics. Topics include Allen's focus on Marxism and his confrontation of eugenics in his work in genetics history, career as Alston-Burr Senior Tutor at Harvard...
- Identifying order in a plaque. Baker, Monya // Nature Methods;Apr2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p288
The article focuses on research regarding techniques to identify which bacteria specie exists in a microbial community. It says that the research led by Gary Borisy at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts described an image-processing approach that identifies different...
- Algae biofuels race hots up. Gould, Ed // Green Futures;Oct2009, Issue 74, p9
The article reports on the collaboration between Plankton Power, Regional Technology Development Corp., the Marine Biological Laboratory and the Cape Cod Commission to build a new plant in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. It is the state government's biggest project to produce one million gallons of...
- YOU CALL THIS COLLEGE? ROSENBLUM, ANDREW // Popular Science;Sep2011, Vol. 279 Issue 3, p44
The article provides information on scientific laboratories in the U.S. including the Pilot Brewery at the University of California at Davis, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and the National Radio Astronomy Observatory. A ranking of science programs for...