Don't Play at the Energy Suppliers' Casinos
- Introduction. // Building Design;2/7/2014 Supplement, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the use of thermal mass to lessen energy consumption in commercial buildings in Great Britain.
- BAS Retrofit upgrades old controls equipment, yields $43K savings. Randazzo, Mike // Energy User News;Jan1997, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Describes the upgrades done on the Connecticut Financial Center expected to lower energy costs of the building. Retrofitting of unitary controllers; Estimated amount of savings; Advantages of installing the upgraded building automation network; Optimizing the building's air handler startup and...
- Saving green with efficiency deductions. // Northern Colorado Business Report;7/2/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p12
The article offers tips and explanation on how commercial buildings and houses can save energy with efficiency in Colorado.
- WAYS TO MAKE A BUILDING GREEN. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p95
The article discusses how commercial facilities in the U.S. are incorporating renewable and sustainable measures to minimize their environmental impact and become better stewards of the environment. The Maine Discovery Museum in Bangor established a facility optimization and preventive...
- Available funding options. // Buildings;Feb96, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p52
Presents ways to reduce the cost of energy-efficiency building projects. Commercial loans; Leasing; Cogeneration equipment; General Obligations Bonds.
- Commercial buildings set to fail energy standards. // FM World;8/14/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p06
The article offers information from professional services firm WSP that scores of commercial buildings in Great Britain might not pass the new energy efficiency standards launched by the Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC) prior to letting the property by 2018.
- Kick-off General Session. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p9
The article offers information on various sessions related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in the U.S. including one on the role of buildings in the future energy system, one on the strategies and technologies to consider when planning a net-zero-energy building,...
- STATE NEWS BRIEFS. // Shopping Centers Today;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, Special section p4
The article offers news briefs related to business-related laws in the U.S. The legislature and business leaders in Arizona have continued to try to work differences in the employer sanctions law. A bill that would have required new commercial buildings to meet certain Leadership in Energy and...
- Philadelphia to Rank Buildings by Energy. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p6
The article announces that owers of large commercial buildings in Philadelphia are required to report their energy consumption to the city government under a new regime that will rank buildings for efficiency aimed at boosting effort to goad conservation.