Don't Play at the Energy Suppliers' Casinos
- Introduction. // Building Design;2/7/2014 Supplement, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the use of thermal mass to lessen energy consumption in commercial buildings in Great Britain.
- BAS Retrofit upgrades old controls equipment, yields $43K savings. Randazzo, Mike // Energy User News;Jan1997, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
Describes the upgrades done on the Connecticut Financial Center expected to lower energy costs of the building. Retrofitting of unitary controllers; Estimated amount of savings; Advantages of installing the upgraded building automation network; Optimizing the building's air handler startup and...
- WAYS TO MAKE A BUILDING GREEN. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p95
The article discusses how commercial facilities in the U.S. are incorporating renewable and sustainable measures to minimize their environmental impact and become better stewards of the environment. The Maine Discovery Museum in Bangor established a facility optimization and preventive...
- Available funding options. // Buildings;Feb96, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p52
Presents ways to reduce the cost of energy-efficiency building projects. Commercial loans; Leasing; Cogeneration equipment; General Obligations Bonds.
- Commercial buildings set to fail energy standards. // FM World;8/14/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p06
The article offers information from professional services firm WSP that scores of commercial buildings in Great Britain might not pass the new energy efficiency standards launched by the Department of Energy & Climate Change (DECC) prior to letting the property by 2018.
- Kick-off General Session. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2011, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p9
The article offers information on various sessions related to the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry in the U.S. including one on the role of buildings in the future energy system, one on the strategies and technologies to consider when planning a net-zero-energy building,...
- STATE NEWS BRIEFS. // Shopping Centers Today;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, Special section p4
The article offers news briefs related to business-related laws in the U.S. The legislature and business leaders in Arizona have continued to try to work differences in the employer sanctions law. A bill that would have required new commercial buildings to meet certain Leadership in Energy and...
- Feeling the heat, again. Monger, Samuel C. // Energy User News;Jun99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p21
Points out ways designers and managers of commercial buildings would be able to conserve energy. Development of alternative energy sources; Heat-recovery systems; Capturing of waste heat and transferring to a cooler fluid for use in another process. INSET: A pocket guide to heat recovery systems..
- EMERGE ALLIANCE ANNOUNCES FIRST DC POWER STANDARD FOR COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS. // SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building;Nov/Dec2009, Issue 20, p8
The article reports on the release of the first direct current (DC) power standard by EMerge Alliance to improve energy flexibility and efficiency in commercial buildings.