Summit makes switch to `eco-friendly' adhesives
- When should you use an adhesive? Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p20
Discusses when you should use adhesives for bonding, and when you should use another method. Questioning of the ability of welding; Use of adhesives as opposed to welding; Difficulty with welding plastics; Mechanical and manufacturing reasons for using adhesives; Benefits of adhesives; When...
- New tests for determining adhesive abrasivity. Weiss, Keith D.; Lindsay, Nancy E. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p30
Reports that as a result of the growth in the use of adhesives and sealants by the automotive and truck industry, there is a need for adhesive and sealants manufacturers to utilize a wide variety of resins and filler that inherently affect both the selection and operation of application...
- What's in a name. Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Mar1997, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p18
Presents information on relating an adhesive with its name. Information on additional reaction; Chain formulation through electron theft; Information on addition-reaction polymers; Comparison of epoxies and urethanes.
- The art of selecting adhesives. Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p28
Suggests how to select the right adhesives for a particular job. Exploration of a performance-based rationale for choosing an adhesive for a particular application; Nine-point investigation approach to the selection of adhesives.
- Tips for working with wood adhesives. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p40
Offers suggestions for working with wood adhesives. Comments from Michael Running, president of Running Remodeling; Importance of selecting the right product for a particular bonding project; Listing of suggestions.
- ASTM forms Task Group on cement-bonded composites. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
Gives information on the development of standard test methods for coating and coated cement-based wood composites. Information on Task Group D01.52.20 on Cement Bonded Wood Composites; Contact information.
- Just try an epoxy. Ritter, George W. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p30
Offers a look at epoxy adhesive. Background information on the epoxy group; Details on crosslinking of epoxies; Information on how epoxidized systems can be catalytically cured; What are the effects of moisture on epoxy.
- Characteristics of high-dot-profile, printable SMT adhesives. Lathrop, Richard R. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p32
Presents information on the use of adhesives in printed circuit boards, for the purpose of holding the components in place during the wave soldering operation in mixed technology designs. Details on the most common methods of adhesive application; Information on an experiment; Results of the...
- Mill's new way to apply adhesive protects integrity of wrapper. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p38
Offers a look at Domtar Papers, a major supplier of copy paper, which developed a way to put adhesive on the ream wrapper. Information on why the technique was developed; Details on Nordson Canada, who the developed the technique.