More gain less pain
- In a safe pair of hands. Munro, Caroline // Cabinet Maker;2/29/2008, Issue 5577, p29
The article focuses on the launch of retailsystem.com, an online furniture retail management system, developed by Stephen Smith in Great Britain. The system has been attracting attention throughout the country and overseas with its less need for paper, fewer costs and with its ability to fill...
- Psst! Want some data...cheap? Leff, Mark // Quill;Sep93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p21
Updates on the Department of Commerce's National Technical Information Service's (NTIS) effort to develop low-cost federal electronic-information system called FedWorld. FedWorld's GateWay connection to other free or low-cost federal bulletin board services; Updated information from the...
- Insurers aim at taming paper tiger. Schwartz, Matthew P. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/15/93, Vol. 97 Issue 46, p9
Reports on insurance companies' use of voice mail and electronic mail to create the paper-free workplace. Paper-curbing; Control of administrative costs; Improved access to documents; Employee satisfaction; Model of the CIGNA HealthCare data processing system.
- Toolkit. Socka, George // CMA Magazine;Nov97, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p29
Reports on technological developments in the field of information management, compiled as of November 1997. Digital still cameras and computer interfaces for standard video cameras for getting pictures into computer-based documents; Windows-based reporting tools from Computer Associates which...
- A buyer's guide to office technology. Wyman, Vic // Public Finance;3/25/94, p26
Presents a guide to buying information systems technology as well as pitfalls inherent in the market. Public sector's approach to information technology; Power of modern electronics; Changes in copying needs; Trend among photocopier; Implications of modern office equipment; Flexibility shown in...
- Editor's Message. // Journal of Information Systems Technology & Planning;Dec2010, Vol. 3 Issue 6, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Information Systems Technology (IST) planning, technological innovations, and the impact of business leaders, academics, and practitioners on information system adoption of their...
- Managing Innovation. // Training & Development Journal;Dec83, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on how to manage innovation. Role of innovation in organizations; Goals of innovation; Techniques of managing innovation.
- Choosing systems with health reform in mind. Davis, Jeremy M. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/30/93, Vol. 97 Issue 35, p27
Discusses the need to reevaluate the kind of information systems used by insurers. Provision of information to consumers under the health care legislation; Service plans of health maintenance organizations; Enhancement of software for insurance industry needs.
- Editorial Introduction. Zwass, Vladimir // Journal of Management Information Systems;Summer2014, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including information system support, information technology (IT) innovation, and the benefits of innovation contests.