Beaver & Tapley's energetic new owners hint at evolutionary change
- New Beaver & Tapley owners plan expansion into non-cabinet ranges. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/13/98, Issue 5079, p4
Reports on the sale of cabinet manufacturer Beaver & Tapley (B&T) to a consortium headed by Tom Absolon and Roger Latham. Executives appointed for the furniture firm; Sources of funds.
- Tapley Elements displays roll out. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p3
Announces the plan of Beaver & Tapley Co. to recall Tapley Elements products in stores in Great Britain. Reasons for the recall; Plans to improve product presentation; Introduction of cherry finish and several end units.
- B&T on the move. // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p5
Reports on Beaver & Tapley's plans to relocate its cabinet production facilities in England following the acquisition of a factory in Nottingham.
- Beaver & Tapley step up production with new Homag edgebanding line. // Cabinet Maker;11/21/97, Issue 5065, p32
Reports on cabinet manufacturer Beaver & Tapley's acquisition of a Homag double-sided edgebanding machine to improve efficiency at its Southall factory in Great Britain. Remarks from Robert Byron, production director; Features of the machine; Features of the processing section.
- B&T moves to new factory. // Cabinet Maker;04/06/2001, Issue 5232, p6
Reports that cabinet manufacturer Beaver & Tapley relocated to a new factory in Nottingham, England.
- Beaver &Tapley joins Drury relaunch. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;10/7/2005, Issue 5459, p5
Reports on the buyout of Nottinghamshire furniture business, Jaycee and Beaver & Tapley in England. Products and services offered by the company; Plan of the company to relaunch new products at the Furniture Show in January 2006 at the NEC, Birmingham; Changes proposed in marketing approach to...
- Beaver& Tapley orders in limbo. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;6/10/2005, Issue 5442, p5
Reports on the failure of liquidated cabinet company Beaver & Tapley to provide any lines of communication to its customers in Great Britain. Reason for the lack of communication; Statement of liquidator Alan Limb on the difficulties in delivering furniture to all of the company's clients;...
- Imports blamed for manufacturers'demise. // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2005, Issue 5440, p3
Announces the closure of cabinet company Beaver & Tapley and Christie-Tyler subsidiary Deeside Furniture and Curtains in Great Britain due to increasing furniture imports. Decision to go for a voluntary liquidation; Number of employees affected by the said closure; Views of company executives...
- Latham elected as next CIPFA vice-president. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;1/18/2008, p11
The article announces that Nottinghamshire County Council chief executive Roger Latham has been elected vice-president of Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) for 2008-2009.