Strategies for Overcoming Barriers in Implementing Evidence-Based Practice
- Purpose and procedure. // Evidence Based Nursing;Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article provides information on the purposes of the periodical "Evidence-Based Nursing."
- Introduction: Evidence-Based Oncology Nursing Practice: Improving Patient Outcomes in the Next Millennium. Jassak, Patricia F. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p3
Introduces a series of articles on evidence-based oncology nursing practice.
- sources and resources. // Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate & Practice;Nov2014, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p579
A list of information sources is presented on the role of evidence in nursing and social work as well as new knowledge translation initiatives in the U.S.
- Practice the EBP Process. Wujcik, Debra // ONS News;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Discusses several myths regarding evidence-based practice (EBP) of nursing. Distinction of EBP from research utilization; Description of clinical application; Function of EBP.
- Does research reach practice? White, Alison // British Journal of Community Nursing;Apr2003, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p192
Focuses on the role of nurses in the delivery of evidence-based practice into health care delivery. Move of nurse education into higher education to ensure the centrality of education within the professional socialization process; Provision of a foundation in research utilization in practice;...
- Antibiotic Resistance: The Impact on Care of Hospitalized Patients. Plonczynski, Donna J.; Plonczynski, Katrina J. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p160
Incidence of antibiotic-resistant infections is increasing at an alarming rate. The concern about antibiotic resistance has been propelled by increasing questions over the effectiveness of current therapies in the treatment and prevention of severe infections in hospitalized patients. Nurses...
- Evidence-Based Guideline. Gaskamp, Carol; Sutter, Rebecca; Meraviglia, Marty // Journal of Gerontological Nursing;Nov2006, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p8
The article provides information on the evidence-based guideline in gerontological nursing. The purpose of evidence-based guideline is to provide nursing care providers with guidelines for promoting spirituality in older adults. The spiritual dimension of health is believed to be at the core of...
- First Steps Toward Change Begin With You. Lundgren, Judy // ONS News;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on how oncology nurses can implement evidence-based practice (EBP). Challenges of changing nursing practices; Example of an EBP implementation; Research opportunities presented by actual patient care.
- Where is the evidence? While, Alison // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p486
The author reflects on the weak foundations of evidences that demonstrate the effect of nursing interventions in Great Britain. She claims that unsatisfactory evidences have disputed the position of qualified nurses in the community care workforce. She likewise asserts that nurses must...