Strategies for Overcoming Barriers in Implementing Evidence-Based Practice
- Purpose and procedure. // Evidence Based Nursing;Apr2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article provides information on the purposes of the periodical "Evidence-Based Nursing."
- Introduction: Evidence-Based Oncology Nursing Practice: Improving Patient Outcomes in the Next Millennium. Jassak, Patricia F. // Oncology Nursing Forum;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p3
Introduces a series of articles on evidence-based oncology nursing practice.
- Practice the EBP Process. Wujcik, Debra // ONS News;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Discusses several myths regarding evidence-based practice (EBP) of nursing. Distinction of EBP from research utilization; Description of clinical application; Function of EBP.
- Antibiotic Resistance: The Impact on Care of Hospitalized Patients. Plonczynski, Donna J.; Plonczynski, Katrina J. // MEDSURG Nursing;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p160
Incidence of antibiotic-resistant infections is increasing at an alarming rate. The concern about antibiotic resistance has been propelled by increasing questions over the effectiveness of current therapies in the treatment and prevention of severe infections in hospitalized patients. Nurses...
- First Steps Toward Change Begin With You. Lundgren, Judy // ONS News;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on how oncology nurses can implement evidence-based practice (EBP). Challenges of changing nursing practices; Example of an EBP implementation; Research opportunities presented by actual patient care.
- Where is the evidence? While, Alison // British Journal of Community Nursing;Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p486
The author reflects on the weak foundations of evidences that demonstrate the effect of nursing interventions in Great Britain. She claims that unsatisfactory evidences have disputed the position of qualified nurses in the community care workforce. She likewise asserts that nurses must...
- Evidence-Based Medicine and Psychiatric Practice. Gray, Gregory E.; Pinson, Letitia A. // Psychiatric Quarterly;Dec2003, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p387
Evidence-based medicine (EBM) has been defined as ï¿½the conscientious, explicit and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients.ï¿½ EBM requires the ability to apply a knowledge of medical informatics (e.g., efficiently searching the...
- Oncology Nurses Link Research to Practice. Parran, Leslie // ONS News;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on evidence-based practice nursing. Stages involved in the adoption of new practices; Overview of the staff nurse internship program implemented at Vanderbilt University Hospitals and Clinics; Strategies to help link research to practice.
- Evidence-Based Practice Online Resource Goes Live at Institutes of Learning. // ONS News;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p5
Provides information on the Evidence-Based Practice Online Resource Center launched at the 2001 Institutes of Learning. Purpose of the resource center; Information offered for oncology nurses.