Easter floods keep shoppers away as stores escape the worst of the damage
- High tide fears hit Maidstone football. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p3
Reports on the floods being experienced by Maidstone, England which have been affecting furniture stores.
- Losses flood in to businesses. // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p3
Reports on the effects of floods which occurred on October 2000 in Kent and Sussex, England on furniture businesses. Severe flood damage suffered by Sussex Bed Centres; Floods damaging furniture stocks; Rescue of employees in flooded areas; Estimated loss suffered by cabinet manufacturer, JM...
- Engineer rows to the rescue at Barcalounger. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p20
No abstract available.
- Prizes after a crisis. Brown, Simon // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p7
Reports on the positive developments in a furniture company's operations in England after its business was damaged by a flood.
- Be prepared: Do not let flooding sink your business. Checketts, Peter // Cabinet Maker;05/22/98, Issue 5089, p8
Focuses on the importance of a thorough preparation against floods and an effective recovery plan for furniture retailers and manufacturers. Causes of contamination of flood waters; Arrangement of an off-site planning day for assessment of risks; Need for prevention of flood damage than relying...
- Wet start to new Rossiters store. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2007, Issue 5555, p6
The article reports that Rositters was hit by flooding after its opening on August 30, 2007 in Cardiff, Wales. The overflowing sprinkler tank damaged its carpets in the basement where its dining and bedroom furniture is displayed. It is noted that the flooding has caused a bit of a disruption to...
- Store mops up after flooding. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p5
Reports on the effects of flood on the business performance of the furniture store Anderson and England in Morayshire, Scotland. Destruction of several furniture; Details on the total amount of the damage; Level of the water.
- Flash flood disrupts Malaysia International Furniture Fair. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;3/16/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on a flash flood which disrupted the opening day of the Malaysian International Furniture Fair on March 3-7, 2009 in Kuala Lumpur. The flood occurred after a river that runs adjacent to the show overflowed its banks. It has caused extensive damage to product samples and to...
- Barcalounger: From wet rags to riches. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p1
No abstract available.