An Investigation of the Representativeness Heuristic: The Case of a Multiple Choice Exam
- ELEKTRONICKÃ‰ TESTOVÃNÃ Z MATEMATIKY. Chládek, Petr; Smetanova, Dana // Media4u Magazine;2014, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p42
The paper deals with the structure of credit and exam tests in mathematics. The comparation of the advantages and disadvantages for multiple choice tests is presented. The probability for successful completion of the test is discussed. The examples of multiple choice questions are given.
- APPLICATIONS OF CONFIDENCE TESTING TO SPEECH COMMUNICATION INSTRUCTION. Behnke, Ralph R.; Goodyear, F. H.; Dallinger, Judi // Communicator (01935437);1978 Sign of the Bike, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
The article offers information on various techniques of confidence testing that can be applied to speech communication instruction. The confidence level of students can be measured by asking them either to assign probabilities to every answer given for a question in a multiple-choice test or to...
- TESTING THE RELIABILITY OF PAPER-PENCIL VERSIONS OF THE FILL-IN-THE-BLANK AND MULTIPLE-CHOICE METHODS OF MEASURING PROBABILITY DISCOUNTING FOR SEVEN DIFFERENT OUTCOMES. Weatherly, Jeffrey N.; Derenne, Adam // Psychological Record;Fall2013, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p835
Probability discounting occurs when the subjective value of an outcome changes because its delivery is uncertain. The present study measured the reliability of rates of probability discounting. Participants completed a probability-discounting task that involved seven different outcomes. Some...
- Better rank assignment in multiple-choice entrance exams. Chatterjee, Anindya // Current Science (00113891);7/25/2013, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p193
The Indian educational system administers many mul-tiple-choice exams wherein a small percentage of candi-dates must receive unique ranks. But discrete marking causes ties, usually resolved by essentially arbitrary criteria. I suggest a better alternative via a probability model for the exam,...
- A Comparison of Conventional and Liberal (Free-Choice) Multiple-Choice Tests. Jennings, Sylvia; Bush, Martin // Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation;2006, Vol. 11, p1
We compare conventional multiple-choice tests with so-called â€˜liberalâ€™ multiple-choice tests, also known as â€˜free-choiceâ€™ tests, from a theoretical standpoint. The style of the questions is identical in these two alternative test formats, but in a liberal/free-choice...
- Student pic on answer script. MUKHERJEE, MITA // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);1/2/2016, p15
The article reports that the photographs and other identification details of the examinees of the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) and the Indian School Certificate (ISC) examinations will be added on the examinations' answer sheets to ensure transparency.
- WORD workout. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;10/9/2006, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p8
A multiple-choice quiz on vocabulary is presented.
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE. // Infantry;Aug-Dec2009, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p52
A quiz about the ancient Roman army is presented.
- VOCABULARY QUIZ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/6/2006, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p8
A multiple-choice quiz concerning vocabulary words is presented.
- Splash. // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;May/Jun2011, Vol. 67 Issue 8, Special section p1
A quiz about the responsibilities of a lifeguard is presented.