Optimal Ranging Inc
- European satellite reception. Coles, P. // Nature;3/2/1989, Vol. 338 Issue 6210, p8
Reports on possible users of European Remote Sensing Satellite (ERS-1), to be launched next year, which will allow Europe to have a major role in studying world climate and the effects of pollution.
- Remote monitoring becomes easier with tech upgrades. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p86
Reports on upgrades to remote site monitoring devices. Prism Video's development of software that support full duplex audio for two-way conversation while transmitting digital video; Integration of external devices such as quads, multiplexers, pan/tilt/zooms and matrix switchers.
- Estimation of regional evapotranspiration through remote sensing. Fuqin Li; Lyons, T.J. // Journal of Applied Meteorology;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p1644
Evaluates the models for estimation of regional evapotranspiration (ET) using remote sensing in Australia. Role of ET in regional and global climate; Comparison of model performance between agricultural and native vegetation; Influence of closure of the surface energy balance on the estimates...
- Calibration of the Eighth Geostationary Observational Environmental Satellite (GOES-8) Imager Visible Sensor. Knapp, Kenneth R.; Vonder Haar, Thomas H. // Journal of Atmospheric & Oceanic Technology;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1639
The GOES-8/Imager has provided scientifically valuable imagery since its launch in April of 1994. However, without an onboard calibration source most research applications involving its data have been limited to qualitative analysis of the imagery. Presented herein is a review of previous...
- ROAD MONITORING Laser system monitors slipperiness of roadways. Coffey, Valerie C. // Laser Focus World;Feb2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p36
The article evaluates the DSC111 remote road-surface sensor from Vaisala Oyj.
- Smoke-Alarm Safety. Rabbitt, Meghan // Parenting;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p37
Provides tips on examining if smoke detectors work.
- IntelliCom Launches True Plug-n-Play GPRS Based M2M System. // Remote Site & Equipment Management;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
The article offers information on the NetBiter EasyConnect product family launched by IntelliCom.
- Burning a path to safety. // Machine Design;11/20/97, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p23
Focuses on the fire detector device developed by Jay Gore of Purdue University. Difference of the device to traditional fire detectors; Details on how the detector works; Result of the examination on the device.
- Sensor technology used in remote monitoring. // Electronic Design;7/24/95, Vol. 43 Issue 15, p29
Describes the Remote Monitoring System developed at New Mexico's Sandia National Laboratories for the remote monitoring of nuclear weapon storage sites. Storage facilities that are being tracked with the device; Continuous sensor data collection and digitization of video images at remote...