USING HIGH RESOLUTION COLOR SONAR IN PIPELINE INSPECTION
- Rehabilitating underground pipes. Sorrell, Phillip; Foszcz, Joseph L. // Plant Engineering;6/5/95, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p66
Discusses the maintenance and repair of underground piping systems. Pipeline repair methods; Slip lining of pipes; Cured-in-place pipes; Advantages of trenchless technology.
- Waxes could gain new uses for rehabilitating aging pipes. Papanikolaw, Jim // Chemical Market Reporter;12/07/98, Vol. 254 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the use of waxes to rehabilitate underground pipelines in the United States. Growth of interest in the patented ThermoSeal process; Market potential for ThermoSeal waxes; Subjection of current methods of fixing pipes to Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements;...
- Choosing the right tool. McGee, Thomas // Underground Construction;Jan1997, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p28
The article discusses how to detect water leaks in underground pipelines. Tools in detecting water leaks; Effectivity of the tools; Price range of the tools.
- Cups beat needles in court. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/23/95, Vol. 235 Issue 17, p20
Reports on the ruling of a federal district court in Houston, Texas regarding a patent infringement claim filed by Insituform Technologies Inc. (IT) against several construction firms for the IT's cured-in-place technology. Court's upholding of the patent infringement claim; Use of IT's...
- Turbine flowmeters the choice for maintenance, verification. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul96, Vol. 223 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the importance of turbine flowmeters for maintenance and verification of underground pipeline systems. Underground pipelines as the safest and most economical system of transportation of petroleum products in the United States; Importance of flowmeter performance.
- LOOKING AT UNDERGROUND PIPELINES FROM ABOVE. // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p66
Assesses the integrity of pipelines and the capability of pipeline operating systems to detect piping damages and leaks in the United States. Significance of the pipeline explosion incident in Carlsbad, New Mexico in August 2000; Development of a radar system to detect three-dimensional images...
- Award-winning HDD water project. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p47
Details Stanley Consultants' small-budget project which won the Grand Conceptor Award from the Consulting Engineers Council of Iowa. Innovative use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) on water line replacement project in West Des Moines; Horizontal Drilling Technologies' installation of...
- Daytona Beach Races Ahead With HDD Solutions. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p81
The article discusses the repair on a 16-inch-diameter cast iron water main in Daytona Beach, Florida that ruptured. The Dayton Beach's Utilities Department found a speedy solution of reactivating one of the three mains. However, an agenda summary indicated considerable uncertainty as to how the...
- Pipe bursting pushes through tough Texas turf. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on PM Construction's use of pneumatic tool pipe bursting for the Water Board of Fort Worth, Texas' sewer line replacement project. Problems of the clay sewer pipe; Statements from PM Construction owner Phil Mcafee.