- Humanities Courses Are Evolving To Meet Changing Needs. S. W. // Education Week;11/9/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p5
The article highlights the meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of the Humanities entitled "The Humanities in the Schools" in Washington. A study found that many administrators regard humanities courses as unsuitable vehicles for the teaching of basic skills, and hold outdated...
- Announcements. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1997, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p1954
Announces several events related to gastroenterology as of November 1997. Information on the course, Investigating and Organizing Clinical Research, offered at the John Hopkins Medical Institutions in Baltimore, Maryland; Details of the 33rd annual meeting of the European Association for the...
- SO YOU WANT TO BE A CONFERENCE ORGANISER? // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Nov2004, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the Association for Conferences & Events is offering courses for conference organisers to be held in November 2004. Information on the courses.
- Council Reviews Accreditation Standards. // Parks & Recreation;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p16
Reports on a meeting held by the Council on Accreditation of Park and Recreation Curricula in Ashburn, Virginia in 2003 to review accreditation standards and procedures. Role of the National Recreation and Park Association; Aim of the review process; State of school accreditation.
- COUNCIL PROCEEDINGS. // British Kinematography;Feb1963, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p61
The article presents minutes of the meeting, which was held at the offices of the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society on December 12, 1962. It includes an agreement among members that a librarian should be appointed to update their libraries. Member H. E. B. Grimshaw likewise...
- President's message. Policicchio, Carla // NENA Outlook;Spring2005, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the National Emergency Nurses Affiliation (NENA) in Canada. Number of NENA members as of March 2005; Information on its annual meetings; Educational courses being offered by affiliation.
- Curriculum Revolution: Stories from the Community -- Lessons for Educators. // Nursing Economic$;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p353
National League for Nursing's Eighth National Conference on Nursing Education, "Curriculum Revolution: Stories from the Community-Lessons for Educators," marks a historic moment in nursing education, as of September 1, 1991. If a person has never attended a "nurse educator" conference before, or...
- Straightforward Appraisal Institute site passes the test. C. J. D. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
The article presents information about the website of the upstate New York chapter of the Appraisal Institute. The main page of the website offers a three- paragraph explanation of the trade organization for appraisers. Another page depicts a map of the Appraisal Institute's four chapters in the...
- You were represented. // Educational Leadership;Oct1958, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p64
Presents information on meetings and programs related to curriculum development in the U.S. Information on the first meeting of presidents of the Association of Supervision of Curriculum Development's affiliated units which was held on June 7-10, 1958 in Washington D.C.; Information on meeting...