Michigan Contractor Tackles New, Challenging Excavation Project
- Estimation of HD Drilling Time Using Deterministic and Triangular Distribution Functions. Sarireh, Mohmd // Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering & Applied Sciences;Jun2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p438
Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a powerful technique in utility installation through different soil conditions and under different environments. HDD machines for drilling are available worldwide in a non destructive or un disturbing operation under rail rood, pavement, and walkways. HDD...
- Mulches: Take your choice. Frantom, Heather // Landscape Management;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p42
Looks at some of the most popular mulches and their benefits. Includes peat moss; Hardwood bark mulch; Pine or cypress bark mulch; Straw; Stone, rocks or pebbles.
- Trenchless keeps traffic moving. // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p36
Features the use of trenchless technology as cost-effective solutions to both emergency repair and regular maintenance without completely shutting down traffic flow in Chicago, Illinois. Trenchless pipeline reconstruction using cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP); Inversion process; CIPP's properties...
- Trenchless helps Virginia town avoid parking problems. // American City & County;Feb96, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p63
Reports on the use of trenchless technology to replace sanitary sewer lines in a commercial and residential area in Vienna, Virginia. Benefits of the method; Details of the rehabilitation; Installation of corrosion-proof pipe.
- Contractor combines pipe ramming with directional drilling. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p29
Describes the trenchless construction strategy used by D&K Horizontal Drilling. Incorporation of a pipe ramming tool when performing directional drilling bores; Procedures performed to complete the process.
- Gaining social, PR benefits from trenchless. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Oct97, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the practice of trenchless construction and rehabilitation in the United States. Benefits of trenchless technologies; Overview of the trenchless process; Public awareness on trenchless construction; Case studies on cities using trenchless technology. INSETS: Cookies?...
- DON'T MISS. // Utility Week;9/5/2014, p30
A calendar of events for Great Britain in September 2014 is presented which includes the NO-DIG LIVE 2014 biennial trenchless technology exhibition, and the West Midlands HAUC16th Annual Roadshow.
- Bobcat adds specialist machines to range. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the addition of specialist products to the range of attachments available for Bobcat's machines. Working widths of soil conditioners; Uses of the products.
- New England. Verrier, Suzy // Flower & Garden;May/Jun98, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p52
Gives advice on gardening in New England. Importance of microorganisms in the soil; Information on the best months to apply soil conditioner.