Swiss Re acquires Mexican insurer
- A Global Acquirer. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug99 Supplement Reinsurance, Vol. 100 Issue 4, pS-8
Features Swiss Re, a global reinsurer. Gross premiums in 1998; Services offered by the company; Information on the company's plans to buy Allied Life Financial Corp.; View of James Slattery, senior vice president for business ventures and strategic planning at Swiss Re, regarding the state of...
- Swiss Re Enters Agreement To Acquire Underwriters Re Group Now Owned By Alleghany Corp. // Insurance Advocate;12/11/99, Vol. 110 Issue 49, p33
Deals with the acquisition deal between Swiss Re and Underwriters Re Group Inc. Value of the deal; Benefit of the acquisition to Swiss; Rating given by A.M. Best Co. to Underwriters.
- SWISS RE TO POWER UP WITH GE UNITS. Veysey, Sarah; Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p1
This article reports on the decision of General Electric Co. to sell GE Insurance Solutions' property/casualty business to Swiss Reinsurance Co. The business unit is sold by GE to reduce its insurance operations. Swiss Reinsurance plans to acquire the business unit including reinsurance unit...
- Swiss Re Group Acquires GE Insurance Solutions. // Best's Review;Jul2006, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p102
The article reports on the completion of the acquisition of GE Insurance Solutions by Swiss Re Group. The company will work integrate the businesses which becomes the world's largest reinsurer over the next 18 months. $7.4 billion was paid by Swiss Re for GE Insurance Solutions. $2.4 billion...
- Swiss reinsurance signs definitive acquisition agreement with NCM holding of Netherlands. // Insurance Advocate;03/07/98, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p33
No abstract available.
- GE Life says new identity will help it succeed in equity release sector. // Mortgage Strategy;3/19/2007, p10
The article reports on the plan of insurance company, GE Life, to change its name following the company's acquisition by Swiss Re. GE was acquired by Swiss Re for �465 million on October 13, 2006. The acquisition gave Swiss Re control over 400,000 policies with an estimated total assets of...
- Lincoln Re buy would boost scale of Swiss Re book. Unsworth, Edwin; Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;8/6/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p3
Reports plan of Swiss Reinsurance Co. to acquire LincolnReinsurance in Zurich, Switzerland. Impact of the acquisition onthe investment of Swiss Reinsurance; Financial performance of bothcompanies; Reputation of Swiss Reinsurance in the life/healthinsurance market; Views of insurance executives...
- GE Life open business for sale as Dolfi quits. Anker, Guy // Money Marketing;10/26/2006, p88
The article reports on the business strategies of Swiss RE regarding its acquisition of GE Life businesses, following the resignation of the retirement specialist's chief executive Scott Dolfi. The company acquired GE life as part of a move to add the closed former National Mutual fund to its...
- Swiss Re Completes Acquisition Of MetLife Affiliate, Conning Corp. // Insurance Advocate;7/14/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 27, p40
Announces the completion of the acquisition of Conning Corporation, an affiliate of MetLife insurance company, by Swiss Re insurance company. Details on the operations of Conning.