Results of Competitive Sales
- MSC Puts Off One Suitor; Others in Wings? Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p3
The article focuses on the putting off a takeover bid of MSC.Software Corp. by ValueAct Partners LP, a San Francisco hedge fund that in September offered $275 million to take the company private. The deal gives MSC time to complete a yearlong financial review related to options and sales at an...
- PainCare completes $14.4M sales; Siemens extends $7B Dade offer. // Medical Device Daily;9/7/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 171, p3
The article reports on financial deals in the U.S. medical device industry. PainCare Holdings of Orlando, Florida has successfully completed the sale of both PSHS Alpha Partners in Palm Beach County, Florida and the Gables Surgical Center in Coral Gables, Florida. Siemens of Munich, Germany has...
- Cut-Rate eBay.com subs Irk Circulators. M. L. // Circulation Management;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p22
Reports on criticisms from magazine circulators regarding the sale of magazine subscriptions at the Internet site eBay.com in the U.S. Information on the success of bids for magazine subscription at eBay; Concerns of circulators regarding the impact of the sale of subscriptions at the site;...
- ILLINOIS: State GOs Draw 94 Bids. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33784, p7
The article reports that Illinois has received 94 bids from 18 broker-dealers for 50 million U.S. dollars of general obligation paper during competitive sales.
- Not so fast. Holtmann, Andy // Casino Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the proposed takeover bids for Riviera Holdings Corp. of Las Vegas, Nevada. A second bidder emerged for Riviera Holdings after the company agreed to a $426.5 million buyout by a group of investors. New York-based investment bank D.E. Shaw expressed its interest to acquire...
- Hostile Homework. Fugazy, Danielle // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p18
The article presents information on takeover bids made by various companies in the U.S. in the year 2009. Agrium Inc. made a $3.6 billion offer for the company CF Industries. Roche increased its bid to $42 billion for the 44% stake it did not own in the firm Genentech. Astellas Pharma Inc....
- Supervalu's Super Buy. Hoffman, William // Traffic World;1/17/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that Eden Prairie, Minnesota-based Fortune 100 grocery chain-cum-3PL Supervalu Inc. has made a tender offer of $233 million for Total Logistics, a Milwaukee-based warehousing, transportation and contract manufacturer for some of the nation's largest food companies. The...
- Market roundup. // Private Placement Letter;01/04/99, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Offers information on the tender offers and subordinated notes of several business enterprises in the United States. Redding Life Care LLC; Progressive Alliance Inc.; The Music Connection Corp.
- Freddie Faces Scrutiny of Multifamily Swap Transaction. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;4/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p10
Investigates the purchase of multifamily loans by Freddie Mac from Washington Mutual Inc. in Washington. Amount paid for the loans; Criticism of government-sponsored enterprises on the transaction; Role of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.