First Impact Fees
- North Bay city council scraps index for development fees. // Northern Ontario Business;Aug2002, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
Reports that the City of North Bay, Ontario has discontinued the index-controlled rate structure of development fees in home construction.
- Growing pains: Builders, schools fight over fees. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;4/19/95, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the conflict between school officials and developers over impact fees being levied by local governments on new home construction. Lawsuit filed by developers; Claim that the fee is an unfair, hidden tax on customers; Illegal diversion of fees from construction projects; Case of...
- Atlanta-Area Developers Challenge Impact-Fee Collection. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30933, p4
Reports on the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association's lawsuit against Cherokee County, Georgia challenging the county's developers impact fees. Historical use of impact fees by cities and countries of greater Atlanta.
- U.S. mainland and Puerto Rico have parallel home building issues. Alfaro, Aura N. // Caribbean Business;1/27/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p12
Reveals the parallel issues affecting homebuilders in the United States mainland and Puerto Rico. Includes shortages of skilled labor and materials; Impact fees charged by government infrastructure agencies for connecting construction projects to roads, electrical cables, water and sewer...
- County may raise impact fees. Franchine, Philip // Inside Tucson Business;11/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p25
Reports on the plan of Pima County to raise the impact fee it charges to home builders due to the rising cost of building roads. Proposal of increasing the impact fee by County Administrator Chuck Huckelberry; Schedule of the meeting to consider the proposal; Lack of clarity on how the proposed...
- Rafael Rojo: Cut costs, impact fees to jump-start construction and the economy. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;12/18/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 50, p4
The article reports on the proposal of Rafael Rojo, president of the Puerto Rico Home Builders Association (PRHBA) to address the sudden termination of the Housing Credit Incentives Law (Law 197). Rojo suggested the reduction in the regulatory process and impact fees imposed by central and local...
- Laws of attraction: Sanger puts out welcome mat to draw businesses. Keller, Ben // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/23/2011, p1
The article focuses on the efforts of Mayor Joshua Mitchell to draw business in Sanger, California, which include the elimination of development impact fees for new home construction, and building-permit fees for projects in the downtown district. It is noted that the impact fees would be...
- `Fee-dumb'. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/15/97, Issue 322199, p26
Editorial. Criticizes the development fees charged against real estate developers in Fresno, California. Comparison of the fee charged to those charged in nearby counties and cities; Impact of such fees on industrial and office development in the city; Suggestions to solve the problem.
- Impact of fees. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p4A
Reports that the town of Hudson in New Hampshire may adopt school-related impact fees similar to that of its Nashua neighbors. Endorsement of a consultant's report recommending the imposition of impact fees to help defray the costs for construction of a new elementary or middle school; Charge...