The Race Is On
- 2005 Executive Officials. // State News (Council of State Governments);Jan2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p19
Lists several public officials in the U.S. as of 2005. Bob Riley; Lucy Baxley; Kay Ivey; Troy King; Nancy Worley.
- Thou Shalt Run. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p31
No abstract available.
- Kathy Peterson to Battle Lucy Baxley. // Alabama Forests;Fall2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on businesswoman Kathy Peterson's fight with Democrat Lucy Baxley in a race for presidency at the Alabama Public Service Commission (PSC).
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p31
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of February 2004. Deposit of interest-earning state funds by State Treasurer Kay Ivey; Chance given to suspended Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority executive director Harold Worrall to address allegations of tampering; Revenue bonds...
- The Sign in the Furniture Store. Goodin, Emily // National Journal;5/20/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p78
The article provides information on Alabama Lieutenant Governor Lucy Baxley. She relates that she has received a sign from God in a furniture store that she would not be left alone after her husband, former Bill Baxley, had divorced her in 1987. Her inspiring life story stretched from living in...
- INSIDE POLITICS: ACROSS STATE LINES. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p16
The article presents news briefs related to politics in several U.S. states. Former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman has failed in his attempt to get re-elected in June, when he lost the Democratic primary to Lieutenant Governor Lucy Baxley. Faulty software, equipment delays and a technician...
- GO Zone Battle. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/17/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32447, p33
The article reports that the use of the bonding authority under the Gulf Opportunity (GO) Zone Act of 2005 has become an issue in the gubernatorial race between governor Bob Riley and lieutenant governor Lucy Baxley in Alabama. Baxley's position in the race is critical for not addressing the...
- Two Searches for Alabama Trust Fund. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;9/22/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p1
The article offers information on the issuance of two requests for proposals (RFP) by Kay Ivey, the state treasurer of Alabama, for the $678 million Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Trust Fund (PACT). The action aims to find a fixed-income manager for a $68 million mandate, and two real estate...
- technically speaking. Peckham, Susanne // Tech Directions;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p4
The author considers several school reform efforts in Alabama in 2011. She cites the call of Lieutenant Governor Kay Ivey for higher learning standards in order to improve the employment climate. Ivey also highlights the efforts of the governor's office and state legislature to improve the...