Miami Loses Cash Cow as Court Calls Parking Surcharge Unconstitutional
- Supes OK parking lot reform. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;4/12/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p5
Reports a legislation that would require parking lot owners to provide receipts to customers and install revenue control equipment in San Francisco, California. Possible amount of money that could be generated in tax revenue; Consumer protection against unlawful towing of cars from parking...
- New tax means paid free parking. // Buildings;Mar1994, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p9
Deals with the issue of taxation of parking spaces in the United States. Energy law of 1992.
- Westport accused of unfair taxation. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p6
Reports on accusations from Westport, Connecticut property owners of unfair taxation by the city's local government. Tax assessments for the use of a town parking lot; Attorney's comments.
- Second DCA has two openings. // Florida Bar News;9/15/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p3
The article reports that the Second District Court of Appeal (DCA) Judicial Nominating Commission in Florida has two vacancies due to the development of two judgeships by the Florida Legislature and is accepting applications for the said positions.
- Proposed tax on parking raises a lot of opposition. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p3
A group of 15 Northeast Ohio businesses is coming together with the Greater Cleveland Growth Association to oppose a proposed 7% sales tax on paid parking in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. The tax is expected to increase the parking rates and is packaged with a proposed sales tax on storage facilities,...
- Pittsburgh Increases Parking Tax, Avoiding More Service Cuts. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;1/16/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31802, p40
Reports that Pittsburgh's City Council in Pennsylvania has approved an amendment to its 2004 budget. Increase in parking tax; Alternative to the parking tax increase introduced by Councilman Sala Udin; Revenues from the parking tax increase.
- That's an idea! // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;10/27/2014, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p3
The article offers information on the reason behind increased parking tax of Chicago, Illinois which aims to collect 10 million dollars for hiring 80 employees to double staff road maintenance.
- Bircham in Nottingham car parking levy scheme. Williams, Kylie // Lawyer;10/8/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p14
The article reports on the proposal of a law firm Bircham Dyson Bell which represents Nottingham City Council to introduce the first workplace parking space levy scheme in England. The intention of the proposed scheme is to levy businesses in Nottingham that provide car parking spaces, with the...
- Florida court backs expansion of Credit Union membership. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;4/9/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 67, p3
States that bids by the banking industry to restrict expansion by state-chartered credit unions, has been rejected by a Florida appeals court. Affirmation on a decision by the Florida Department of Banking and Finance, by a three-judge panel; When the ruling was released; Comments from Charlie...