Texas Court Rejects Suit Against 'Robin Hood' School Funding
- Local law firm leaves Burnett for City Center. Abernathey, Pat // Business Press;2/28/97, Vol. 9 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the office relocation of Haynes and Boone LLP from Burnett Plaza to City Center's Texas Commerce Towers in Fort Worth, Texas. Total office area leased by Haynes and Boone; Target date for the relocation.
- Austin Independent School District Joins 'Robin Hood' Suit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/1/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31731, p39
Reports on the election of board of trustees for the Austin Independent School District to join in a lawsuit against school finance formula in Texas. Representation of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit by law firms Bracewell and Patterson LLP and Haynes and Boone LLP; Schedule of the hearing by the...
- Arkansas May Be Hit With Another Suit Over School Financing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p32
Reports on the probable filing of lawsuit against the state government of Arkansas by lawyer Bill Lewellen. Queries on the adequacy of school finance system; Details of the case; Allegations of Lewellen against the state.
- After Mediation Fails, School Funding Suit Heads Back to Ohio's High Court. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31350, p5
Reports the ruling of the Ohio Supreme Court over a lawsuit challenging the school funding system of Ohio. Failure of negotiations to settle the case; Appointment of Howard S. Bellman as mediator; Details of the case.
- Texas Judge Says 'Robin Hood' Passes Constitutional Muster. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p1
Reports on the court decision of the Third District Court of Appeals on a Texas school-finance formula. Test of constitutionality for the school districts; Disappointments from the plaintiff on the school-funding law; Appeal of the case to the Supreme Court.
- Kansas Court Faces $1 Billion Question on School Funding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31726, p36
Reports on lawsuit filed by public school districts against the state of Kansas. Effect of lawsuit on the funding requirements for schools; School districts who joined in the filing of the lawsuit; Allegations raised by the schools against the state government.
- Ohio Court Declares End to DeRolph School Funding Case. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;5/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p15
The Ohio Supreme Court has issued its final decision on a state school funding case that has persisted for 12 years as of May 2003. In the May 16, 2003 ruling, the court reiterated its judgment in several previous rulings that the system for financing education violates the state constitution...
- Arizona Finance Law Unconstitutional, Suit Says. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;10/3/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the lawsuits questioning the constitutionality of state finances to public schools in Arizona. Details on the suit filed by lawyer Timothy Hogan; Failure of the state to provide services to poor children; Approval of a plan to shift facility costs from property tax base to the state...
- Deal in Focus: Suit Over Mississippi's Black Universities May End in GO Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/25/2001, Vol. 388 Issue 31251, p34
Reports on the possibility of the settlement of a 26-year-old class-action lawsuit over the funding of black universities in Mississippi. Requirement to issue bonds for in capital improvements to the schools; Disagreement among plaintiffs for the terms of settlement; Effect of approval of...