News IN Brief
- Not the Ally Expected. Garver, Rob // American Banker;5/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 83, p1
Reports the message of banker Mark W. Olson on the plans of the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) in the U.S. Career highlights of Olson; Monitor of banks by the FRB; Examination on the risks of banking organizations.
- Traditional Paths to Ownership. Olson, Mark // National Mortgage News;7/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p4
Presents the excerpt of the speech of U.S. Federal Reserve Board Governor Mark Olson at the Community Development Policy Summit of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland in Ohio.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Increase After Market Fails to Sustain Recovery. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p34
The article reports that the Bond Buyer yield indexes has increased after the market failed to support its recovery struck by concerns that the Federal Reserve Board would continue its series of interest rate increases in the U.S. According to Evan Rourke, municipal market strategist at Popular...
- Two Bankers Slated To Join Fed Board. // National Mortgage News;7/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 41
Reports on the intention of President George W. Bush to nominate bankers Mark Olson and Susan Schmidt to become United States Federal Reserve Board governors. Career background of Olson and Schmidt.
- Fed Governor Mark Olson From Community Banker to Central Banker. // Community Banker;Aug2002, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p20
Interviews U.S. Federal Reserve Board Governor Mark W. Olson. Family background; Career background; Educational attainment.
- From Fergus to FRBUS. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;May2002, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p38
Presents an interview with Mark Olson, a member of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Biographical information; Job responsibilities; Thoughts on former bankers, like himself, being named to federal regulatory posts; Opinion on deposit insurance reform; Involvement of local governments in creating...
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew; Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p2
The article reports developments related to the U.S. Federal Reserve Board (FRB). FRB chairman Ben S. Bernanke emphasized in his first semiannual monetary policy report that further interest rate hikes could be on the way despite substantial progress in removing monetary policy accommodation....
- Olson to leave PCAOB. // North Western Financial Review;7/1/2009, Vol. 194 Issue 13, p22
The article reports on the resignation of Mark W. Olson from his position as chairman of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) in Minnesota on July 31, 2009. It mentions the companies that he used to work including Ernst & Young Inc., First Bank System and Security State Bank. He...
- Fed Warns on LO Compensation. // National Mortgage News;11/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p29
Focuses on the warning of Federal Reserve Board governor Mark Olson regarding the need to review the way lenders compensate loan officers and mortgage brokers in the U.S. Suggestions of Olson on the consideration of caps on brokers fees by wholesalers; Details of the 2004 Home Mortgage...