Build Big Guns with Dennis James
- LATERAL COMBUSTION. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2007, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p56
This article discusses the weight training of deltoid and trapezius muscles. The article suggests lateral dumbbell raises for the training of these muscles, and the proper technique for this exercise is also described. The author suggests raising the arm above shoulder level when performing...
- THE BICEPS BUSTER. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2007, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p60
This article discusses bicep muscle development. The author states that at least 90% of people he sees at gyms make crucial errors in bicep curling motions when weight training. Proper bicep curl motion and technique is then discussed, with the author noting that the elbows should be kept at the...
- Dj. McGlashan, Lara // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2005, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p196
Presents an interview with professional bodybuilder Dennis James. Introduction to bodybuilding; Role of personal trainer Charles Glass in helping him train for the contest where he turned professional; Changes in his training when he turned professional.
- BICEPS BUSTERS. Scheet, Tim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2003, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p54
Presents a weightlifting technique for arms using an exercise ball. Advantages of using the exercise ball; Procedure for the seated and lying dumbbell curl.
- One-Arm Bandit. Stoppani, Jim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2004, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p178
Presents the results of a study which compared the amount of strength produced during a unilateral and bilateral biceps curl. Method to determine strength deficit with bilateral training.
- PEAK ARMS. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2005, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p100
This article provides information on the six-week weight training for the biceps and triceps, called the Peak Arms training. You can go really heavy with the first exercise in your arm routine; therefore, the standing barbell curl is probably a better choice than the concentration curl. After...
- 45-DEGREE LYING TRICEPS EXTENSION. Armayor, David // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2007, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p64
This article discusses weight training techniques. The article profiles triceps extension weight lifting exercises, and instruction is given for proper technique. The article notes that angles play an important role in triceps exercises, and that arms should begin and end at a 45-degree angle...
- TWO-ARM HIGH-PULLEY CABLE CURL. Sandler, David // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2007, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p64
This article provides advice for bicep muscle exercises. The article advises the two-arm high-pulley cable curl for bicep muscle development, and notes that it should be performed at the end of a bicep exercise routine. Photographs are presented for proper exercise technique, and a series of...
- THE HANG POWER CLEAN. Waxman, Sean // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct2006, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p78
This article provides weightlifting advice. The author notes that the "hang power clean" lift helps develop ability to produce muscle power and size in both the legs and arms. Instructions are given for performing a hang power clean, and tips are also provided for maximizing the physical...