Build Big Guns with Dennis James
- THE BICEPS BUSTER. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2007, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p60
This article discusses bicep muscle development. The author states that at least 90% of people he sees at gyms make crucial errors in bicep curling motions when weight training. Proper bicep curl motion and technique is then discussed, with the author noting that the elbows should be kept at the...
- LATERAL COMBUSTION. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jun2007, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p56
This article discusses the weight training of deltoid and trapezius muscles. The article suggests lateral dumbbell raises for the training of these muscles, and the proper technique for this exercise is also described. The author suggests raising the arm above shoulder level when performing...
- Dj. McGlashan, Lara // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2005, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p196
Presents an interview with professional bodybuilder Dennis James. Introduction to bodybuilding; Role of personal trainer Charles Glass in helping him train for the contest where he turned professional; Changes in his training when he turned professional.
- BEACH-READY BODY: STARTER GUIDE PHASE IV. McGarr, Cameron // Men's Fitness;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p169
The article presents tips on bodybuilding focusing on chest and arm gains. It suggests that sometimes, simply by decreasing one's training volume to a few weeks after periods of intense heavy lifting, he facilitates even faster muscle growth. It emphasizes that his goal now is to recover from...
- BICEPS BUSTERS. Scheet, Tim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2003, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p54
Presents a weightlifting technique for arms using an exercise ball. Advantages of using the exercise ball; Procedure for the seated and lying dumbbell curl.
- One-Arm Bandit. Stoppani, Jim // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb2004, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p178
Presents the results of a study which compared the amount of strength produced during a unilateral and bilateral biceps curl. Method to determine strength deficit with bilateral training.
- TRICEPS. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Oct2004, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p125
Presents the procedures for executing a triceps exercise. Close-grip bench press; Decline-bench skull-crusher; One-arm reverse-grip pressdown.
- PEAK ARMS. Geiger, Bill // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2005, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p100
This article provides information on the six-week weight training for the biceps and triceps, called the Peak Arms training. You can go really heavy with the first exercise in your arm routine; therefore, the standing barbell curl is probably a better choice than the concentration curl. After...
- FOREARMS. Velazquez, Eric // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Sep2006, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p144
This article provides a six-week program of forearm exercises. The program emphasizes training of every part of the forearm muscles, and not just particular sections of the muscle. The forearm exercises, all involving barbells, vary by day, and are designed to be separated by forty-eight hour...