Rich Country, Poor Country
- The Minimum Distribution Rules and Their Critical Role in Controlling the Floodgates of Qualified Plan Wealth. Soled, Jay A.; Wolk, Bruce A. // Brigham Young University Law Review;2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 2, p587
Analyzes the minimum distribution rules in the United States and their role in controlling the flow of qualified plan wealth. Factors that make an evaluation of the minimum distribution rules timely; Overview of the minimum distribution rules and how they regulate the flow of qualified plan...
- Regional struggle. Lipsey, David // Public Finance;09/24/99, p22
Describes Great Britain's and Europe's entry into a period where struggles for redistribution of wealth from rich to poor will intensify. Taxation of rich people in Britain; British poorer regions' seeking of bigger subventions from the center; Effect of the euro on the struggle for shares in...
- Changes in the wealth of nations. Parente, Stephen L.; Prescott, Edward C. // Quarterly Review (02715287);Spring93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
Examines systematically the nature of the distribution of wealth across nations and describes how this distribution has evolved over specific historical periods. Wealth disparity and wealth mobility as the most prominent features of the time period from 1960 to 1985; Disparity facts; Mobility...
- How to Steer Our Rolls-Royce World onto a Smoother Road. PIZZIGATI, SAM // Progressive Populist;12/1/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p20
The author reports on the unequal distribution of wealth around the world, and calls for an end to extreme poverty, citing economic statistics from the 2013 report of the World Bank and the Credit Suisse Global Wealth Report.
- Multi-dimensional regional inequality as an alternative allocation mechanism For EU Structural Funds remittances: The case of Spain and Hungary. Folmer, Henk; Heijman, Wim // Annals of Regional Science;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p337
We propose a multidimensional approach to regional inequality as an alternative allocation mechanism for EU Structural Funds remittances based on per capita GDP, particularly after EU enlargement. The indicators of regional inequality are combined to a composite index by means of Maasoumi's...
- Ideological battleground. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on social programs in Canada. High cost of cradle-to-grave social programs; Many groups who would like to lower services and lower taxes; Attempts of programs to redistribute wealth; Wealthy who say there is a better way to even out the differences in income; Views of Gordon Gibson,...
- Inequality update. // Monthly Labor Review;Aug2002, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on a study conducted to analyze unequal distribution of earnings, income and wealth among American households. Measurement of distribution of income with help of the Lorenz curve; Use of distributions of inequality to define rich and poor subgroups in terms of wealth, income and earnings.
- Exploring the geographical distribution of wealth using the output area classification. Daniel, Ellis; Bright, Geoff // Economic & Labour Market Review;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p59
The results of the first wave of the Wealth and Assets Survey were published in the report, 'Wealth in Great Britain' in December 2009 with datasets released in March 2010. However, apart from the presentation of the aggregate results on a Government Office Region basis, no more disaggregated...
- Rising Tide Lifts Yachts. // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec99, Issue 226, p4
Reports on the effect of inequality in the wealth distribution, based on the executive pay study by United for a Fair Economy. Impact of excessive executive pay.