electrifying mobile Java
- For Motorola, stock answers buy future business channels. Elstrom, Peter J.W. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/94, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p1
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s winning veto power over Nextel Communications Incorporated business deals. Nextel as only one of several high-tech companies in which Motorola has a major equity share; Nextel's stock holdings; Motorola's financial interest in new technologies.
- Nextel brings Digital Wireless to Chicago. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;09/16/96, Vol. 3 Issue 18, p12
Reports that Nextel Communications Incorporated is expected to launch a Motorola Incorporated flip phone that supports paging, voice and a special service called instant conferencing in its first market in Chicago, Illinois. Other states where the service will be offered; Advantages of instant...
- The 3GSM handset party: who's doing what to whom? Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;2/19/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses gadgets galore and market-based strategies at the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. According to more than one 3GSM attendee, the responses to Apple Inc.'s iPhone may take as little as six months to bring to market. However, Nokia chose to tout high-end devices aimed...
- Briefly. // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p72
Presents updates on telecommunication industry as of February 26, 2001. Market domination of Nokia Corp. over handset rivals in the industry; Revenue posted by Nextel Communications for 2000.
- SCTE long on talk. Moch, Chrissy // Telephony;06/12/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 24, p23
Highlights the Cable-Tec Expo of SCTE in Las Vegas, Nevada in June 2000. Option introduced by Tellabs company to bring more operators into the voice-over-Internet Protocol (IP) space; Features of the DOXgate product launched by Com21; Details on the plan of Motorola to upgrade its IP...
- Nextel to sell low-end iDEN phone. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p23
Reports on the plan of Nextel Communications Inc. to offer the i30sx handset from Motorola Inc. as a lower-cost option for its customers. Price of the iDEN handset; Features of the handset.
- CELL PHONES, DISPATCH SOFTWARE COMBINE. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 159 Issue 3, p62
Reports the business ventures of Nextel Communications Inc. and Motorola Inc. by partnering with providers of Web-based dispatch software and tracking/mapping tools. Creation of fleet management solutions; Joint venture between Nextel and Dynamic Mobile Data Systems Inc.; Design of iTrak from...
- Motorola to sell Nextel shares. // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p11
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s plan to sell 2.8 million shares of Nextel Communications Inc. common stock during the third quarter of 1999.
- Technical problems dim Nextel's glimmer. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;8/15/94, Vol. 227 Issue 7, p7
Reports on Nextel Communications' acquisition of Dial Page Inc. and its agreement with Motorola under which Motorola would take an equity investment in Nextel. Possible effects of rumors questioning the quality of Nextel Communications' infrastructure and phones that are both manufactured by...