Dobb on the transition from feudalism to capitalism
- Political economy and capitalism: notes on Dobb's theory crisis. Shaikh, Anwar // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun78, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p233
Explores Maurice Dobb's ideas on the political economy and capitalism. Contradictions in capitalist accumulation; Explanations of the causes of crises; Details on the concept of 'equilibrium.'
- History and social theory: notes on the contribution of British Marxist historiography to our understanding of class. Kaye, Harvey J. // Canadian Review of Sociology & Anthropology;May83, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p167
This article argues that British Marxist historians have contributed to understanding of the historical process by re-examining specific periods and problems in terms of class or as we now see, class struggle analysis, and, furthermore, that they have thus contributed to the understanding of...
- Random biographical notes. Dobb, Maurice // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun78, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p115
Examines the contributions of Maurice Dobb to economics. Family background of Maurice; Details on the socialist ideas of Maurice; Development of the 'Essay on Economic Growth and Economic Planning.'
- The institutional framework of Dobb's economics. Kowalilk, Tadeusz // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun78, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p142
Examines the institutional aspects of Maurice Dobb's economic analysis. Research domain of economic discipline; Essence of capitalism; Details on the attempts of the early Soviet to secure worker participation in the management of firm.
- Maurice Dobb's critique of theories of value and distribution. Bharadwaj, Krishna // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun78, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p153
Examines Maurice Dobb's critique of economic theory. Alternative theories of value and distribution; Emphasis on the aspect of historical interpretation; Details on the assumption of a 'given wage.'
- Investment, interest and degree of centralisation in Maurice Dobb's theory of the socialist economy. Nuti, Domenico Mario // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun78, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p191
Focuses on the theory of the socialist economy of Maurice Dobb. Exposure of the problems of economic anarchy; Investment and interest under socialism; Practice of East European socialist economies.
- WITH SCRIP AND STAFF. // America;7/25/1936, Vol. 55 Issue 16, p371
The author discusses his opinions on the so-called European feudalism and American capitalism. He states that it is human nature to want to possess things what creates the problem is when people desire to posses what everyone else has. Greed led to the downfall of feudalism in Europe and unless...
- Heard of cows. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p8
Presents definitions of economic concepts. Feudalism; Communism; Capitalism; Enron Venture Capitalism.
- The collaboration of Maurice Dobb in Sraffa's edition of Ricardo. Pollitt, Brian H. // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Mar1988, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p55
Investigates the role of Maurice Dobb in making it possible for economist Piero Sraffa to publish works concerning David Ricardo's economic analysis. Economic studies about Ricardo written by Sraffa; Factors that influenced the economic outlook of Sraffa and Dobb; Political and intellectual...