fueling an instant messaging Eruption
- AOL makes small-screen move. Bannan, Karen J. // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p18
Reports on America Online (AOL) Inc.'s launch of initiatives aimed at giving consumers access to Internet technology and AOL content on their television sets. Announcement of four separate technology deals with DirecTV, Hughest Network Systems, Network Computer and Philips Electronics; Features...
- AOL plans to expand its Internet service. Rodriguez, Karen // InfoWorld;12/26/94 - 1/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 52/1, p6
Reports on America Online Inc.'s (AOL) efforts to encourage software developers to ship their applications with an AOL Internet browser before the Microsoft Network connects to millions of desktops in 1995. Stand-alone Internet browser that links directly to AOL's Home page on World Wide Web;...
- Andreessen: The next 50 years. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Inter@ctive Week;05/17/99, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p58
Focuses on the priorities of Marc Andreessen as chief technology officer of America Online (AOL) Inc. Significance of the company's acquisition of browser developer Netscape Communications; Exploration of opportunities that may be created by the convergence of the Internet and television; AOL's...
- Reuters: driving IM interoperability with MSN and AOL. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that Reuters Group PLC has claimed that its corporate instant messaging (IM) product can communicate with public IM services from Microsoft Corp. and America online Inc. This means that Reuters Messaging users will have the accessibility to communicate with some 200 million...
- AOL begins IM developer program. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/27/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p12
Announces the plans of America Online Inc. to launch an industrywide mobile developer program for its instant-messaging services as of September 27, 2004. Companies that will be participating in the development of the program; Significance of the open standards of the Open Mobile Alliance to...
- Paying attention to the messaging. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;08/02/99, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p54
Discusses the interoperability of instant messaging systems. America Online Inc. (AOL)'s refusal to get connected with Prodigy Communications Corp.; Microsoft Corp.'s reaction when given the same treatment by AOL; Microsoft's quest for open standard for instant messaging.
- Interoperability: Myth vs reality. Blume, Wolfram // EDN;08/01/97, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p193
Opinion. Discusses the myth and reality associated with interoperability in the electronic industry. Details on the efforts to address the interoperability problem.
- Milestone claimed for Internet security protocol. // American Banker;5/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 96, p16
Reports on the Internet protocol security IPSec's success in an interoprability test that bodes well for financial business over open networks called TimeStep Corp. Initiative treat for the children; Other participants.
- Editorial. // Telecom Asia;Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the establishment of internetworking companies in China. Contracts won by internetworking companies; China's public network switching market evolution; Business opportunities; Issues on investment time and costs.