implementing mobile data in the enterprise
- News briefs. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p3
Reports developments in the wireless communication industry as of February 2000 in the United States. Introduction of WISE Portal, a mobile Internet portal solution developed by Ericsson Co.; Plans of IBM Corp. and AT&T Wireless services to provide wireless access to corporate data; Repurchase...
- New technology takes phone line out of equation. Batdorff, Lee // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/2/95, Vol. 16 Issue 40, pT-18
Reports on the growing popularity of the Cellular Digital Packet Data and Enhanced Circuit Switch Data wireless computer communication technologies among businesses in northeast Ohio. Features of the technology; Benefits; Glossary of terms related to information and communication technology.
- Palm OS vs. Win CE for business-to-business: Which to choose. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;08/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p49C
Discusses the factors to be considered in deploying a wireless component to a business application. Discussion on hardware as misnomer; Price consideration; Versatility of the handheld computers.
- WIMAX AND LTE PREPARE TO DO 4G BATTLE. Conti, Juan Pablo // Electronics World;Oct2008, Vol. 114 Issue 1870, p10
The article focuses on the fourth-generation (4G) mobile wireless technology, which is said to have not been officially defined by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). Accordingly, this has been going on for more than 10 years even before the first 3G cellular networks started. It...
- The Wonder of VoWLAN. Knox, Daphne // Indiana Business Magazine;Feb2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p47
The article discusses the significance of wireless technology in business enterprises in the U.S. It outlines the move of most companies to rely on wireless communication technologies to meet not only their communication needs, but also to improve worker's productivity, accessibility, and...
- Keeping a low profile. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;10/15/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p68
Introduces Xpress Mail, a solution to access corporate data over a wireless network from Cingular LLC. Key reason behind the appeal of Cingular's solution offering; How it works; Potential benefits to business customers.
- Tires On The Road, Apps In The Cloud. McCloskey, Leo // Communications Technology;3/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses the demand for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and the emerging opportunities for service companies. It informs about the attractive business fundamentals that exist for a service provider. It is stated that individual interactions will create personalized...
- Protecting Your Assets. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p17
Discusses the need for wireless communication companies to upgrade their existing billing systems to handle the complicated transactions and business models made possible by high-speed data networks. Challenges that cause many carriers to delay implementation or use stop gap measures instead of...
- Wires on the way out. // InfoWorld;5/15/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p54
Presents data about wireless data usage among 300 large companies. Predicted growth rate annually; Projected wireless data usage in the fourth-quarter of 1995.