Learn SMS Lessons Before Riding MMS Wagon
- IMS: All Talk and No Walk? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/15/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Discusses issues concerning the interoperability of Internet protocol (IP) multimedia subsystems (IMS). Role of fixed-mobile convergence in promoting IMS; Challenges to be faced by vendors and operators in terms of the interoperability of IMS; Applications of IMS.
- Metadata-driven optimal transcoding in a multimedia proxy. Laszlo BÃ¶szÃ¶rmenyi; Hermann Hellwagner; Peter Schojer // Multimedia Systems;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p51
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â An adaptive multimedia proxy is presented which provides (1) caching, (2) filtering, and (3) media gateway functionalities. The proxy can perform media adaptation on its own, either relying on layered coding or using transcoding mainly in the decompressed domain. A cost...
- coming together to work out the Kinks in MMS. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p32
Reports on the obstacles that multimedia messaging service (MMS) must overcome before it becomes the revenue-generating service that operators worldwide are anticipating according to MMS advocates and experts. Estimates on revenue generation of MMS by 2007; Problem posed by back-office systems...
- SQA holds key to IMS. Trevisan, Paolo // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug2006, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the role of service quality assurance in the success of Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). Interoperability and consumer satisfaction can be achieved by testing, monitoring and analysis of signalling and media interactions between application servers, end-points...
- New products. // Macworld;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p47
Offers information on a variety of new Macintosh releases. Communications; Display; Education; Graphics; Multimedia; Networking; Online; Printing; Storage; Titles; Features, costs and contact points for all products.
- IP-Streaming Consortium Begins Interoperability Testing. // Electronic News;7/11/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 28, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of the Internet Streaming Media Alliance (ISMA) to start accepting applications for the next conformance test cycle which will validate interoperability between products that implement end-to-end streaming solutions based on open standards, in the U.S. in July 2005. ...
- The 5 Factors Critical for RTLS Success. Howe, Jason // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p34
The article offers tips on how to achieve a long-term real-time location systems (RTLS) success. RTLS is considered to be an important strategic capability in various business applications. The five factors that will help in ensuring the success of the investment are the location accuracy,...
- AT&T HELPS CIRCUIT CITY CONVERGE NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE. // RBOC Update;Oct2006, p6
This article reports on the deployment by AT&T of a converged multi-media networking solution at Circuit City Stores Inc., a specialty retailer of consumer electronics. The networking solution accommodates voice, video and mission-critical enterprise applications on a single network...
- OpenMind unveils MMS router. // New Media Age;2/26/2004, p7
Introduces M-IMX, a multimedia system router from OpenMind Networks. Capacity of M-IMX; Technology underlying the router for interoperability; Benefit of the OpenMind network.