An Optimistic Road Trip Lies Ahead
- IN BRIEF. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/11/2002, Issue 2504, p5
Provides an update on travel industry as of March 2002. Additional reservation staff employed by Highlife Breaks; Hotel accommodation package offered by Hilton International; Decision of Travelocity to reject the acquisition offer made by Sabre; Plan of Six Continents Hotels to increase the...
- Posthouse is sold for 2m Pounds. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/24/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4206, p7
Reports on the sale of Stevenage Posthouse hotel by Six Continents in Hertfordshire, England. Value of the deal; Limitations on the use of the Stevenage Posthouse brand.
- Breaking up. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;11/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the changes to be undergone by Six Continents PLC, the parent company of Six Continents Hotels. Plans for splitting of the company into two; Estimated number of hotels managed, owned and leased by the Six Continents; Executives for the proposed split companies; Impact of the split on...
- Six Continents launches Web guarantee. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/16/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4222, p10
Reports on the launching of the Lowest Internet Rate Guarantee by Six Continents.
- Leisure group predicts future. // Employee Benefits;Nov2001, p8
Deals with an online interactive pensions calculator for staff introduced by Six Continents, the hotel and pub company. Statement from David Coles, group pensions manager at the company, about the calculator.
- Holiday Inn goes direct to boost summer trade. // Precision Marketing;7/26/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the launch of a responsive campaign by Six Continents, in an effort to boost the summer booking of Express by Holiday Inn, in July 2002. Information on the marketing agency for the campaign; Modes used in the campaign; Mechanics of the campaign.
- Six Continents to invest in brands. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;3/4/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 4, p3
Reports the planned investments of Six Continents Hotel. Renovation of existing Inter-Continental Hotel and Resorts; Establishment of brand value proposition of Crowne Plaza and Inter-Continental brands; Enhancement of information technology infrastructure.
- tech TALK. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/6/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 8, p46
Reports on developments in the hotel industry as of May 2002. Information about the Web site of Six Continents Hotel; Agreement between Holiday Inn Family Suites and Digital Alchemy for a complete customer relationship program; Details on the launching of the NetEffect Alliance by MeriStar...
- Delays at Crowne Plaza go to court. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/15/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4235, p5
Reports on the decision of Six Continents Hotels to sue Fortis Bank after delays in the opening of its Crowne Plaza hotel in London, England. Claims of Six Continents against Fortis Bank; Information on an agreement between the hotel group and the bank.