TDMA, GSM Carriers Gain In Americas
- GAIT to open GSM-TDMA door. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts to advance GAIT--GSM ANSI Interoperability Team,a network standard which unite global system for mobile communication and time-division multiple access technologies. How the technology operates; Manufacturers involved in the project;Benefits of GAIT.
- Roaming: The European Scene. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;08/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p46
Reports that the interstandard roaming of global system for mobile communications (GSM) to time division multiple access (TDMA) and code division multiple access (CDMA) is not a priority of carriers throughout Europe. Assertion of Eric Hill of the GSM Global Roaming Forum, regarding the market...
- The real deal. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p41
Deals with the convergence of global system for global communication (GSM) and time division multiple access (TDMA) in the United States. Benefits offered by TDMA to GSM community; Services that will be offered by BellSouth; Issues over the costs of services.
- GSM: Still king of the hill. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;2/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Discusses the market condition of the global system for mobile communications (GSM) technology. Competition of GSM with code division multiple access technology; List of time division multiple access-to-GSM operators; Growth of GSM subscribers.
- Cingular TDMA, analog customers hit with additional usage fee. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the plan of Cingular Wireless LLC to charge customers an additional $5 each month if they have an analog or time division multiple access (TDMA) handset. As of the end of the second quarter of 2006, Cingular reported that 98 percent of its minutes were carried on its...
- Ericsson, Symbian and others ally on GPRS development. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Reports on the formation of an alliance among L.M. Ericsson, IBM Corp., Lotus, Oracle, Palm Computing Inc. and the Symbian group to advance applications based on the General Packet Radio Service. Aim to introduce packet data to mobile networks as the first step to help evolve Global System for...
- A Consistency Test Method about TD-SCDMA/GSM Handover Protocol. Yixuan Hao; Zhezhao Zeng // Computer Science & Application;Dec2011, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p164
This paper discussed a technique to achieve Protocol Conformance Test (PCT), analyzed the feasibility about this method, and presented the example of the approach about the TD-SCDMA Network System handover to GSM Network System in protocol specifications by TTCN-2. The results showed the...
- Wideband Time Division Multiple Access. // Network Dictionary;2007, p525
A definition of the term "Wideband Time Division Multiple Access (WTDMA)" is presented. It refers to the technique based on time division transmission which is similar to that used by GSM, but provides a much higher transmission rate. It is noted that WTDMA was submitted as a solution for...
- FMC In The UK: Failed, Makeshift Convergence? Ritchley, Barnaby // Business Communications Review;Jul2007, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p61
The author discusses why fixed/mobile convergence (FMC) systems offered in Great Britain do not fulfill their potential. He suggests many products are upgrades on previous systems. Time-division multiplexing (TDM) communication systems prevent compatibility of wireless communication from Wi-Fi...