New Scholastic Book Fair President To Expand Offerings Overseas
- People ï¿½ // Educational Marketer;8/14/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p7
The article reports that David Krishock, former president and CEO of Scholastic Book Fairs Inc., has been appointed as president of Books Are Fun Ltd., a division of the Reader's Digest Association Inc. (RDA). He succeeds Thomas Barry, vice president and controller of RDA, who had served as...
- Rockland Realty leases two large parcels. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/30/94 - 6/6/94, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p35
Reports on Scholastic Book Fairs' leasing of warehouse and distribution space from Albert Frasetto Enterprises at Clarkstown Executive Park in Rockland, New York.
- Scholastic Book Fairs to move from DeWitt to Clay. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);8/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the relocation of Scholastic Book Fairs Inc. at 4474 Steelway Boulevard in Clay, New York in September 2010.
- Scholastic Book Fairs moving to larger quarters in Monroe. Wittich, Keightley // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Scholastic Book Fairs plans to transfer to Monroe, Connecticut, from its location in the city of Norwalk. Construction of new building; Outgrowing of quarters at Norwalk.
- Monroe lures first business with its new tax abatement. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/04/96, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p6
Reports that Scholastic Book Fairs Inc. has consolidated its offices into a warehouse in Monroe, Connecticut, a town that provides tax abatement businesses to boost its tax base. Estimated amount to be saved by the company due to the tax abatement; Impact of Scholastic's move on the economy of...
- short takes. // School Library Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p22
Presents news briefs on school libraries as of October 2003. Establishment of a school library by librarian Yohannes Gebregeorgis in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Information on the Kids Are Authors competition launched by Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Competition promotes student authorship. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p28
Reports that Scholastic Book Fairs sponsors an annual Kids Are Authors competition, a book-writing contest open to teams of student writers in grades K-8. Web site where information on the program can be found.
- SCHOLASTIC ANNOUNCES KIDS ARE AUTHORS CONTEST. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
The article offers information on the Scholastic Book Fairs' annual Kids Are Authors competition. The event is a national book-writing contest for teams of student writers in grades K-8. Kids Are Authors encourages students to use reading, writing, and artistic skills to write and illustrate...
- Defending a Book. Young, Kathy // Echo Magazine;11/26/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that Scholastic Book Fairs Inc. has decided to include the book "Luv Ya Bunches," by Laren Myracle, in middle-school book fairs in the U.S. The book, which features same-sex parents, was banned in such fairs. Several people appealed to Scholastic to lift the ban due to which...