Harcourt Dominates Reading Textbook Adoption In Alabama
- Texas ESL & Biology And Florida Math Power Harcourt To Top Of EM's 2004 Adoption Scorecard. // Educational Marketer;3/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the market performance of Harcourt Inc. based from the journal's exclusive Adoption Scorecard for 2004 in Orlando, Florida. Percentage of share on estimated total sales from the adoptions being tracked; Role of publishers in the increase in competition for textbook adoptions;...
- WADSWORTH, HARCOURT SWAP TEXTS. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p80
Reports that Wadsworth and Harcourt Incorporated's higher education group have completed an exchange of college textbook programs. Terms of the agreement; Customer services under the arrangement
- Harcourt Textbook Business Doing 'Well,' Assessment Progressing. // Educational Marketer;11/26/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses the financial success of Harcourt Inc., a U.S. textbook publisher. It states that according to parent company Reed Elsevier PLC, Harcourt's financial success is particularly due to its success in the secondary-school textbook segment. Specifically, the Holt, Rinehart &...
- Harcourt Parlays ESL And High-School Biology Sales Into A Leading Position In The Texas Adoption. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the ranking of Harcourt Inc., Pearson Education Inc. and Hampton-Brown in the textbook adoption in Texas. Performance of bilingual and literacy publisher Hampton-Brown; Domination of AP biology by Pearson; Compilation of the ranking of primarily print-based K-12 publishers; Estimation...
- Harcourt, McGraw-Hill In Two-Way Contest In Calif. Health Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/14/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the business competition between Harcourt Inc. and McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., the only companies whose textbooks are on the approved list in California. Number of textbook titles of the publishers that are on the approved list; Approval of the adoption list by the U.S. Board of Education;...
- Ovid Licenses Key Harcourt Clinical Texts and Journals, Releases Clinical Evidence. // Information Today;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p50
Reports on the announcement by Ovid Technologies Inc. of a licensing agreement with Harcourt Inc. Idea to offer electronic full-text versions of clinical textbooks and journals published by W.B. Saunders, which is owned by Harcourt Inc.; Announcement by Ovid of the release of the Clinical...
- Correction. // Publishers Weekly;9/29/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 39, p6
A correction to the article "Life After Harcourt" that was published in the September 2008 issue is presented.
- Harcourt's Ed. Unit Records Slower Growth In 3Q `99 Compared To `98. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the earnings of publisher Harcourt Incorporated's Education Group in the third quarter of 1999.
- Harcourt's K-12 Q3 Sales Up 47.5%; Higher Education Revenues Rise 7%. // Educational Marketer;09/04/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the increase in K-12 book sales of Harcourt company for the fiscal third quarter which ended July 31, 2000.