Putting The Squeeze On Capacity
- FROM PHOTONS TO ELECTRONS! Mehrotra, Vik // Siliconindia;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p104
Reports on the growth of the power conversion semiconductor industry in India due to the accelerating proliferation of users on the Internet. Power processing and sources of the world; Growth statistics of the semiconductor industry since 1990; Other establishments that the industry could power...
- Wireless Trends to Look for at MWC 2013. HINDLE, PATRICK // Microwave Journal;Nov2012 Supplement, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which manufacturers of test and measurement and semiconductor devices are asked what they think will be the major topics and key technologies for the GSMA Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona, Spain.
- M-SYSTEMS/ACTIMAGINE TEAM UP FOR VIDEO SOFTWARE ON MOBILE PHONES. // Imaging Update;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on a collaboration between Actimagine and M-Systems on smart display software solutions for video on high-density SIM cards powered by M-Systems' MegaSIM platform. The combination of high-density storage and smart display software solutions is set to enable multimedia-rich...
- Agilent Will Open Asia Mobile Development Center In Korea. // Microwaves & RF;Feb2005, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on Agilent Asia Mobile Development Center to be launched by Agilent Technologies Inc. in Seoul, Korea. Impact on the semiconductor business expansion of Agilent into the mobile handset market; Products to be developed by the center; Reason for the selection of Korea as the site of the...
- M&A Activity Shakes Up Mobile Device Semiconductor Market. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p52
The article offers information on the impact of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the mobile device semiconductor industry in the U.S. on the performance of the industry.
- Opportunities for chipmakers. Fuertes, Andy // Solid State Technology;May2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the growth of the semiconductor industry as of May 2001. Factors driving the growth of the mobile wireless market; Information on semiconductor suppliers for the wireless communications market; Challenge in designing digital subscriber line and cable modem chip sets.
- Handset Market Not as Well Off as Hoped, Report Says. // Electronic News;6/2/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 22, pN.PAG
Discusses the results of a study conducted by InStat/MDR, which focused on the performance of the handset market. Forecast on the handset market; Projected decline in the revenue of core handset semiconductors from 2002 to 2007; Expected increase in the revenue of several semiconductor...
- IC Insights: Capex to Grow 48% in 2004. // Electronic News (10616624);11/24/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Presents the results of a November 2003 update to the McClean Report from IC Insights, on the cell phone and semiconductor markets. Forecasted growth of the top ten IC product categories in 2003; Advanced features in cell phones; IC products that made the top ten in the report.
- Philips Chipset Puts 802.11b into the Home. // Electronic News;2/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the move of Philips Electronics to offer its wireless broadband residential gateway semiconductor PTD2754 reference design. Types of mobile telephone standards that it supports; Uses of the reference design; Features of the design.