Moving Beyond Subscriber Metrics
- Leap, Sprint sign international roaming agreement. // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the agreement between Leap Wireless International Inc. and Sprint PCS to provide cross-border wireless communications in San Diego, California, and Tijuana, Mexico.
- Leap Wireless Seeks National Branding. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the several changes at Leap Wireless International Inc. ,which is changing its name to Cricket. The company, whose chief operating officer is Al Moschner, has made a sale agreement that would allow its customers to access 3G data services provided by Sprint Nextel Corp. It...
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;04/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p22
No abstract available.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p3
Presents news briefs from the wireless communication industry as of May 15, 2000. Sale of the Chilean venture of Leap Wireless International to Endesa; Testing of third-generation wireless technology by Qualcomm and Sprint PCS; Contract won by MetroCall Inc. with the city of Austin, Texas to...
- Leap's stock leaps. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p32
Points that the rebound of the stock price of Leap Wireless International Inc. signals that recovery of the wireless communications service industry in the United States. Positive growth forecast of Nextel Communications Inc. and Sprint PCS; Details on the performance of the companies.
- So many pricing options, so little time. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p10
The author reflects on the innovations of the prices in the wireless industry. He cites that U.S. is facing different issues on presidential elections and financial crisis that could have global economic impact and yet people are preoccupied with the ongoing innovation in the wireless industry....
- BITS. // Wireless Week;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p10
Presents updates on issues concerning several wireless communication companies, as of September 2003. Selection of BatteryCorp. by Nextel Communications for the supply of telecommunication batteries; Expansion of the partnership between Sprint PCS and Virgin Mobile USA; Setback suffered by Leap...
- Carriers, Vendors Burn Through Quarter. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the first-quarter of 2000 earnings of wireless communication carriers. Subscriber growth of Sprint PCS; Penetration rate of wireless communication in the United States; List of selected quarterly results of carriers; Companies that beat analysts' expectations.
- Small Carriers Expand, Market By Market. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the growth of several small wireless carriers. Additional subscribers attracted by Leap Wireless International Inc.; Flat-rate local wireless service introduced by Leap; Corporate profits posted by other small carriers.