BT Group On WLAN Trail
- BT plans WLAN hotspots to follow RA's commercial 2.4GHz decision. // Electronics Weekly;4/17/2002, Issue 2048, p10
Reports that telecommunications company BT is planning to install a public access Wireless local area network (LAN), and is expecting the Radiocommunications Agency to allow commercial services at 2,4GHz. Possible number of LAN to be installed by June 2003.
- Another War Of Wireless Worlds? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p32
Reports on the compatibility issue concerning orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), a key technology used in high-speed fixed-wireless data systems which might delay the rollout of such networks. Functionality of the OFDM; Details on the Vector OFDM and Wideband OFDM; Standards...
- Starbucks Sippers Still Surfing Via Wi-Fi. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the wireless local area network project of Starbucks Coffee Co. in North America launched in January 2001. Obstacles to the project; Plans of the coffee company; Analysis of the participation of VoiceStream and Sprint PCS with the wireless Internet service providers.
- Comcast commercial online commences wireless lan trial. // LAN Product News;Apr2000, p4
Reports on Comcast Commercial Online Communications Inc.'s commencement of a wireless local area network (LAN) trial in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Features of the LAN technologies utilized in the trial; Overview of Comcast's broadband Internet services.
- EDS LAUNCHES EDS MANAGED WIRELESS LAN. // LAN Product News;May2001, p1
Reports on EDS' launch of the EDS Managed Wireless Local Area Network, an industrial-strength broadband wireless network and services connecting employees and business travelers through voice, video and data transmission. Provision of businesses, public institutions and service providers with...
- What are the wireless LAN alternatives? Jones, Mike // Automatic I.D. News;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on wireless communication alternatives to local area networks (LAN). Criteria and standards to consider in evaluating LAN; Infrared-based wireless LAN; Wireless LAN radio technologies; UHF wireless data communication systems narrow band.
- Look Ma, no wires. Kovac, Ron J.; Reineck, Paul // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p50
Highlights the importance of wireless local area networks (WLAN) in communication. Definition of WLAN; How WLAN works; Factors to consider in purchasing a WLAN.
- 802.11b market increases 20 percent. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p8
Reports on the status of the wireless local area network market in the second quarter of 2001 in homes and small business markets.
- Columbitech releases Pocket PC, Windows XP versions of Wireless VPN. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p34
Reports on the worldwide commercial release of the Pocket PC and Windows XP versions of the Wireless VPN of Columbitech. Functionalty of Wireless VPN; Solutions provided to local area networks.