RIM Reduces Estimates As GPRS Rollout Slows
- ADI Points Finger at Handsets. // Electronic News;8/8/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 32, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Analog Devices Inc. to revise its guidance for the third quarter of fiscal 2005. Decline in the company's estimated revenue; Sales performance of the global system for mobile communication and the general packet radio service chipsets to wireless handset customers in...
- RIM to offer high-speed device. // InfoWorld;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
Deals with the plan of Research in Motion (RIM) to add high-speed data and voice capabilities to its handheld devices. Details on the deal made by RIM with VoiceStream; Information on iStream, the General Packet Radio Service offered by VoiceStream; Capabilities of RIM devices with iStream.
- BlackBerry colors messages. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;8/11/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p56
The Blackberry 7230, the latest in Research In Motion (RIM) Ltd.'s line of BlackBerry wireless messaging devices, became available in the U.S. this week, complete with a triband GPRS radio and an attractive new color display. The 7230 does include applications for managing contacts, calendars,...
- In-Stat Market Snapshot. // Wireless Week;7/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the improvement in the revenues of semiconductor manufacturers due to the deployment of general packet radio services by wireless carriers in 2002. Forecast on the total worldwide handset semiconductor revenue; Estimation of the decline in compound annual growth.
- Getting Back Backhaul Costs. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;12/12/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 24, Special section p10
The article reports on the emergence of third-generation wireless, broadband services such as mobile television citing its implications on the profitability of telecommunication companies. Apparently, revenue did not increase in proportion of developments in connections citing the emergence of...
- RIM Ups Revenue, Lowers Expections. // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the lower revenue forecast of Research in Motion (RIM) Ltd. for its fiscal second quarter which will end in December 2001. Revenue increase and losses posted by the company in its second fiscal quarter in 2001; Information on the Blackberry service of RIM.
- RIM/Orange: EDGE device debuts in Europe. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p16
The article presents information about the launch of the first EDGE device by Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) in Europe, for Orange France SA. The device, the 8700f, is a GPRS/EDGE handset that can operate on a regular GPRS network but is primarily crafted for EDGE. It can provide application...
- Fire in Canada disrupts Blackberry service in Philippines. // Asian Pacific Post;12/20/2007, p24
The article reports that the electronic-mail services of Smart Communications, a mobile communications operator in the Philippines, was affected by a fire that damaged the Blackberry e-mail server link in Waterloo, Ontario. Smart's Blackberry service was disrupted due the incident which affected...
- RIM/Orange: EDGE device debuts in Europe. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p231
The article reports that Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) has launched its first EDGE device in Europe, for Orange France SA. The device is a GPRS/EDGE handset that represents RIM's most concerted effort yet to produce something that resembles a smart phone rather than a PDA. The choice of operator...