Heavyweights Dive Into Wireless Chip Market
- Chip upsurge due to new diverse devices. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p24
Reports on the increase in the demand for microchips for wireless communication systems in the U.S. as of April 2002. Forecast of the Semiconductor Industry Association on the growth activity in mobile phones and other electronic devices; Assessment of the market share of non-traditional...
- Intel's Shadow. Kirkpatrick, David // Fortune;7/6/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p187
Reports on the positioning of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) as of July 1998 for a possible big win. Comments of CEO Jerry Sanders; AMD's line of impressive K6 processors, which offer features that are better than Intel's competing chip; AMD's renovated manufacturing operation; Skepticism on...
- AMD Shelves Mustang. Mathew, Jayant // Electronic News;11/20/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p24
Reports that Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc. shelved the large-cache Mustang microprocessor, an enhanced version of the Athlon. Information on the firm's Palomino chip; What probably prompted the decision to shelve the Mustang; Other AMD offerings.
- OPTi patent suit takes aim at AMD, Broadcom, ST, others. Taylor, Colleen; Sperling, Ed // Electronic News;7/16/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 29, p3
The article reports that Palo Alto, California-based integrated circuit maker OPTi Inc., with a patent infringement lawsuit filed, has taken aim against some of the chip industry's biggest players. The complaint alleges that Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Atmel Corp., Broadcom Corp., Renesas...
- AMD SHIPS FIRST 65 NANOMETER ATHLON PROCESSORS. Rooney, Paula // CRN;12/18/2006, Issue 1224, p43
The article reports on the release of the Athlon 64 X2 processors of global integrated circuits supplier Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) on December 5, 2006. The processors, which are more energy-efficient, are being produced at AMD's Fab 36 manufacturing facility that is located in Dresden,...
- AMD Goes to Dresden for New Plant. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News (10616624);11/24/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 47, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of chip manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices to build its next chip plant in Dresden, Germany. Value of the proposed plant; Advantages in the plant location; Loan package for the proposed plant.
- AMD Hit by PC Slump. Mathew, Jayant // Electronic News;12/18/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 51, p2
Reports on the revenue that chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc. was expecting for the fourth quarter of 2000. Expected earnings per share for the quarter; How semiconductor analyst Joseph Osha regards the AMD stock; Outlook of AMD for flash memory products.
- Help your competition and help yourself. Dipert, Brian // EDN;12/07/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 25, p41
Discusses the benefits that chipmakers Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and Micron Electronics gained from a technology-sharing agreement. Impact of the intense competition that characterized the integrated circuits industry on AMD and Micron; Intel Corp.'s missteps in chip development; Development...
- Intel's Inside Track. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;05/07/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p52
Offers a look at the strategies of Intel Corp. to maintain its lead in the computer microchip industry against its rival the Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) company. Reaction of investors to the competition of the two companies; Stock performance of the companies; Move of Intel to cut the prices...