- Analysts: Sharing Not Bad For Tower Industry. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p15
Focuses on the plans of AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS to cooperate on the construction of new wireless towers in the U.S. as of March 1, 2003. Views of analysts on the effort; Features of the plan of sharing tower inventory information; Significance of sharing in the tower industry.
- Competitors gain from high sub losses at AWS. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p3
Deals with the advantages of the loss of customers of AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) to other wireless phone companies. Reason for the loss of customers of AWS; Customer growth of Cingular Wireless from the first quarter of 2003; Benefits of the troubles of AWS to Sprint PCS.
- TELECOM GOING MOBILE. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p82
Reports on the continuing growth of the wireless communication market as of November 2000. Wireless business of AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS; Demand for wireless connections; Changes in the wireless market.
- U.S. Carriers-1st Tier. // RCR Wireless News;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p8
Presents the rankings of U.S. wireless telecommunication companies that represent the six first-tier wireless operators that control enough spectrum for a nationwide footprint and are ranked by their number of subscribers at the end of 2003. Verizon Wireless; Cingular Wireless L.L.C.; AT&T...
- Who will pay for and who will profit from WLNP? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p3
Focuses on the cost-recovery plans of wireless carriers in the U.S. upon the implementation of wireless local number portability (WLNP) on November 24, 2003. Increase in the monthly charge of Sprint PCS and AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Forecast on the potential revenue gain in the...
- Carrier stocks surge in 2Q as they get ready to report financials. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the analysts' expectation on the improvement in financial results of wireless companies in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2003. Increase in stock price of AT&T Wireless Service Inc.; Customer growth of Nextel Communications for the quarter; Decline in customer churns of Sprint PCS.
- In ironic turn, survey ranks AWS as top business carrier. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/24/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the results of a survey on the wireless industry, conducted by Forrester Research Inc. in the U.S. in 2004. Background on the market performance of AT&T Wireless Services Inc.; Factors cited by Verizon Wireless as positives for customers; Outlook for the merger between...
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p16
Presents a graph of airtime pricing model of wireless communication systems operators in major cities in the United States. AT&T Wireless Services; Bell Atlantic Mobile Analog; Sprint PCS.
- Carrier Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p18
Presents news briefs on the wireless communication industry as of March 22, 2004 in the U.S. Deployment of Phase I Enhanced 911 service for Cellular One customers in South Dakota by Western Wireless Corp.; Availability of QuietSpot headsets from Shure Inc. to Sprint PCS customers; Certification...