Chipmakers Form R&D Alliance
- Motorola joins chip alliance. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/15/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p6
Reports on the memorandum on the semiconductor industry signed by Motorola Inc., Philips, STMicroelectronics in April 2002. Overview of the memorandum; Goals of the alliance called Crolles2 in the semiconductor industry; Remarks from Fred Shlapak, president of the semiconductor products sector...
- Crolles2 Alliance Officially Opens First Facility. // Electronic News;3/3/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the opening of the semiconductor plant opened by Crolles2 Alliance of STMicroelectronics, Philips and Motorola Inc. in France. Engineers employed in the facility; Other plans of the Alliance.
- Europe. // Solid State Technology;May2002, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p18
Presents an update on the semiconductor manufacturing industry in Europe as of May 2002. Deal of Infineon Technologies AG with Winbond Electronics Corp. and Mosel Vitelic Inc.; Acquisition of Propack Data GmbH by Rockwell Automation; Agreement among Royal Philips Electronics, STMicroelectronics...
- Companies align for open standards. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov97, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
Presents information on the agreement reached between Motorola Semiconductor Products sector and SGS-Thompson, suppliers of computer chips for smart cards. Details of the agreement; Information on the product being developed.
- Ear Candy. Sabin, Brian D. // Runner's World;Jun2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p111
The article evaluates different models of headphones, including the Motorola Motorokr S9, Philips SHS3201 Earhook Headphones, and Sony MDR-Q23LPPS W. ear Headphones.
- Rolling Stone, Motorola, Philips Fly on Campus. Finnigan, David // Brandweek;10/16/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 40, p11
Offers a look at the advertising and promotional efforts of several companies. Concert tour of the periodical `Rolling Stone' with Motorola and Philips Consumer Products as partners; In-theater promotion launched by Fox Kids, Saban Consumer Products and Loews Cineplex Entertainment;...
- Consumer, computing convergence rolls on. Moore, Mark // PC Week;1/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p43
Describes how a new wave of personal communicators are a convergence of consumer electronics, communications and computing. The smart phone being developed by the Philips Consumer Communications group; The series of smart phones being developed by Motorola's Cellular Subscriber Sector; The...
- Sanyo Uses STMicro for Integrated Analog, Digital TV. // Electronic News;9/1/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 35, pN.PAG
Reports on the partnership between Sanyo Electric's British subsidiary and French company STMicroelectronics to develop digital TV technology for deployment in Sanyo's forthcoming integrated digital TV products. Description of the chip used by STMicro; Systems on a chip technology to be...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;3/17/2004, Issue 2138, p1
British firm Plastic Logic Ltd. has joined PolyApply, a 24 million Euros European Union-funded project to develop low-cost computing devices integrating RFID with sensing and memory. The 20-partner initiative also involves Philips & Co. and STMicroelectronics NV. The article presents a picture...