Eulerian Variational Principles for Stratified Hydrostatic Equations
- Quantum confinement and magnetic field effects on the electron LandÃ© g factor in GaAs-(Ga,Al)As double quantum wells. Perea, J. Darío; Mejía-Salazar, J. R.; Porras-Montenegro, N. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/22/2011, Vol. 1399 Issue 1, p361
Nowadays the spin-related phenomena have attracted great attention for the possible spintronic and optoelectronic applications. The manipulation of the LandÃ© g factor by means of the control of the electron confinement, applied magnetic field and hydrostatic pressure offers the possibility of...
- An optimal distributed control problem of the viscous generalized Camassaâ€“Holm equation. Sun, Bing // Transactions of the Institute of Measurement & Control;Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p409
In this work, an optimal distributed control problem of the viscous generalized Camassaâ€“Holm equation is considered. By the Dubovitskii and Milyutin functional analytical approach, we prove the Pontryagin maximum principle of the investigational system. The necessary condition for...
- WATER PRESSURE INCREASED IN GUAYNABO AT LAST. // Caribbean Business;1/12/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the increase in water pressure in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
- Impact Response of PBX 9501 Below 2 GPA. Kline, K.; Horie, Y.; Dick, J. J.; Wang, W. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 620 Issue 1, p411
DDME2, 2 discrete element code, is used to model plane shock-wave profiles in unreacted PBX 9501. The constitutive properties of the material are modeled in terms of hydrostatic pressure and viscoelastic shear stress. The former is modeled using Hugoniot data. The latter is represented by a...
- Potential vorticity conservation, hydrostatic adjustment, and the anelastic approximation. Bannon, Peter R. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;6/15/95, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p2302
Examines the ability of anelastic equations to conserve potential vorticity (PV) and to parameterize the acoustic hydrostatic adjustment process. Anelastic approximation; Conservation of potential vorticity; Anelastic solution of Lamb's adjustment problem.
- Under pressure. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Aug96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on the static pressure involved in hydronics systems. Cause of static pressure; Calculation of static pressure; Depth perception.
- Radiation defects in semiconductors under hydrostatic pressure. Brudnyi, V.N. // Semiconductors;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p1166
The effect of hydrostatic pressure on the sensitivity of the electrical properties of irradiated semiconductors as functions of the position of the Fermi level in the band gap of the crystal has been investigated. A numerical analysis of the experimental data has been performed. This analysis is...
- Effect of Hydrostatic Pressure on the Superconductivity in Fluorinated Hg[sub 0.8]Ba[sub 2]Ca[sub 2]Cu[sub 3.2]O[sub 8 + ][sub d]. Itskevich, E. S.; Morozov, I. V. // JETP Letters;7/25/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p72
The effect of hydrostatic pressure on the superconducting transition temperature was measured for the Hg-1223 phase of a fluorinated mercury cuprate high-temperature superconductor with T[sub c][sub (optim)] = 138 K. The value of the T[sub c] derivative with respect to pressure was found to be...
- Reduced temperature sensitivity of the wavelength of a diode laser in a stress-engineered hydrostatic package. Cohen, Daniel A.; Heimbuch, Mark E.; Coldren, Larry A. // Applied Physics Letters;7/22/96, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p455
By using the effects of increasing hydrostatic pressure to counteract the effects of rising temperature, we demonstrate a technique to stabilize the wavelength of an uncooled diode laser. We use the differential thermal expansion between various materials incorporated into the laser package to...