Eulerian Variational Principles for Stratified Hydrostatic Equations
- Quantum confinement and magnetic field effects on the electron LandÃ© g factor in GaAs-(Ga,Al)As double quantum wells. Perea, J. Darío; Mejía-Salazar, J. R.; Porras-Montenegro, N. // AIP Conference Proceedings;12/22/2011, Vol. 1399 Issue 1, p361
Nowadays the spin-related phenomena have attracted great attention for the possible spintronic and optoelectronic applications. The manipulation of the LandÃ© g factor by means of the control of the electron confinement, applied magnetic field and hydrostatic pressure offers the possibility of...
- An optimal distributed control problem of the viscous generalized Camassaâ€“Holm equation. Sun, Bing // Transactions of the Institute of Measurement & Control;Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p409
In this work, an optimal distributed control problem of the viscous generalized Camassaâ€“Holm equation is considered. By the Dubovitskii and Milyutin functional analytical approach, we prove the Pontryagin maximum principle of the investigational system. The necessary condition for...
- WATER PRESSURE INCREASED IN GUAYNABO AT LAST. // Caribbean Business;1/12/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p40
The article reports on the increase in water pressure in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
- Impact Response of PBX 9501 Below 2 GPA. Kline, K.; Horie, Y.; Dick, J. J.; Wang, W. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 620 Issue 1, p411
DDME2, 2 discrete element code, is used to model plane shock-wave profiles in unreacted PBX 9501. The constitutive properties of the material are modeled in terms of hydrostatic pressure and viscoelastic shear stress. The former is modeled using Hugoniot data. The latter is represented by a...
- Device for the simultaneous application of uniaxial stress and hydrostatic pressure: Application... Widulle, F.; Held, J. Th.; Huber, M.; Hochheimer, H. D.; Kotitschke, R. T.; Adams, A. R. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Nov97, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p3992
Presents the design of a device for the simultaneous application of uniaxial stress and hydrostatic pressure. Part that applies the uniaxial force to the sample; First results of the simultaneous application of uniaxial stress and hydrostatic pressure to a semiconductor laser.
- High-pressure measurements of mid-infrared electroluminescence from InAs light-emitting diodes at 3.3 ï¿½m. Choulis, S. A.; Andreev, A.; Merrick, M.; Adams, A. R.; Murdin, B. N.; Krier, A.; Sherstnev, V. V. // Applied Physics Letters;2/24/2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p1149
The spontaneous electroluminescence emission of InAs light-emitting diodes (LEDs) operating at 3.3 ï¿½m was studied as a function of applied hydrostatic pressure. An enhancement of a factor of almost four in radiative efficiency at room temperature was observed in the range 0 to 10 kbar....
- Potential vorticity conservation, hydrostatic adjustment, and the anelastic approximation. Bannon, Peter R. // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;6/15/95, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p2302
Examines the ability of anelastic equations to conserve potential vorticity (PV) and to parameterize the acoustic hydrostatic adjustment process. Anelastic approximation; Conservation of potential vorticity; Anelastic solution of Lamb's adjustment problem.
- Magnetoresistance of HgSeS crystals at hydrostatic pressures of up to 1 GPa. Shchennikov, V. V.; Kar�kin, A. E.; Gavaleshko, N. P.; Frasunyak, V. M. // Physics of the Solid State;Oct97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p1528
Magnetoresistance (MR) of HgSe[sub 1 - x]S[sub x] crystals has been studied in the temperature range 4.2-300 K and in magnetic fields up to 12 T under hydrostatic pressures P exceeding the threshold P[sub t] for the structural phase transition. Shubnikov-de Haas quantum oscillations in...
- Under pressure. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Aug96, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
Presents information on the static pressure involved in hydronics systems. Cause of static pressure; Calculation of static pressure; Depth perception.